just back from first trip ever!!! Reviews of 9 days of dining plan(day5)

Torjohnson

we are all interested in the future because that i
Food, thy name is Epcot,though we spend the first bit of the morning doing our snack thing at Pop. Pop in day five has started to create a consistency for us since the music mix is the same every morning. There was an old movie called If It"s Tuesday, it must be belgium. Our version was If it is Breakfast , it must be Jimi Hendrix "Fire", "Grease" ,and Pointer Sisters "Jump". We leave the building to Alanis Morrisettes "Head over Feet: and are on the bus by Mrs Robinson.
Our first section of Epcot is spent on rides, Soarin is a favorite of ours at California Adventure, and the theming is a little different here. In California the line is dedicated to California Aviators, here California is never mentioned, but implied by the fact that you fly over it the whole ride. Test Track was a big family hit. For my son,it was fast and sciency. For my Wife, it featured John Michael Higgins from A Mighty Wind. For me,whatever, I"m happy.
Ellens Energy Adventure was cool and amazing...Was that all we did in Epcot that day?
Well, we rode El Rio Del Tiempo...fun in a look back at Disney Way. And my son loved Maelstrom. God knows.
OK, so I Loved The World Showcase!!!! And not because of the food...I just was really transformed. Sitting by another Disney Water Feature, eating good soft tacos from the Cantina, tortured by aggressive long beaked shore birds...Our cantina meal was one of my favorites. My wife got a combo platter, my son a burrito and I got soft tacos. And now it is my chance to extol the virtues of Disney Margaritas. Had one there, had three at my hotel, (not on the same day). Hey, let"s remember that it all started with a mouse. Well that mouse was some mixologist, let me tell you...

Our tour got really fun when we came across a chinese acrobat show, and reflections of china...super fun...and then it poured...and we took solace in Germany.
There is something about that experience that will always make my think of hordes of wet people when I smell Sauerkraut...and I don"t mean that in a sad way. Too me, this is what traveling is, the ebb and flow of that other member of your party, the weather. It can be your favorite uncle, or the crazy relative that no one wants to invite. For our family, it has always been an element we would gladly put in our christmas photot. We enjoy the pouring torrents while they are there. We had a caramel apple in our panchos.

By the way, the world showcase is so authentic seeming. Why is it,however, that Morrocco gets authentic music, as does Italy, Germany and France but america is filled with schmaltzy orchestral filler, and Eagles cover bands. We saw the American Experience...and though it was Disney, and moving, I wondered how much this was every amaericans experience.

Then, it was on to Teppanyaki
Teppanyaki. Japanese for soaked to the bone with wet Panchos. And I entered with the idea that it was going to be bad. Many of the reviews here have mentioned restricted dining plan rules and that the restaurant was not better than the local japanese steakhouse back home.
Are you getting a thread here? We loved Teppanyaki. You sit with a family from Ohio, who are totally impressed by you being from California. You can"t get Lobster, or sushi for appetizers...but you can get anything else. And our Chef, Mitsuko I think, was excellent. She did the fantasic onion volcano and then made Mickey Mouse out of onions, and then sent mickey to a demise by blade. The Ohioans were amazed, but said it was no better than the one they had in Columbus...just kidding. We had steak and scallops, steak and chicken, and chicken( it was the one kids meal that wasn"t chicken tenders, though I almost thought she was going to Teppanyaki some Mac and Cheese.)
It was so fun!!!! I loved it. And I envy those people in Jackson, Ms who have a steakhouse this yummy.
And kids love it.

Ok, The rain cleared, and we drifted through a rain soaked World...going home to swim, and listen to the Crew Cuts sing Sh Boom. Oh my god, it"s ShBoom, must be time for bed.

THANK YOU!!!! Any restaurant is better at disney,with respect to our local Kobe house, it's no Teppanyaki!!! We too love the smells, the heat, the crowds, any thing that means we are in the Magic. Sounds like we would have a great trip with you all!!!!

I'm enjoying your reviews-it sounds like you did alot for your first trip and still had time to enjoy the moments that make a vacation special! My daughter is 24 now and every once in a while she'll remember some little thing from a trip when she was much younger and I'd forgotten about- but it made an impression on her-I bet your son will do the same!

Torjohnson said:
There is something about that experience that will always make my think of hordes of wet people when I smell Sauerkraut...and I don"t mean that in a sad way.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Loving your dining report!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

I loved your review. Glad you had so much fun. Isn't it amazing what an open mind can do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter