Just back from HH quick summary and a HEAD'S UP!

Cora

Constantly in trip planning mode...I want to go aw
Hi All,
Here's a quick report...promise to more later!

Just got back last nite and it's freezing (70's) here in Mass!

Weather was great. A couple thunder storms but nothing too bad.

We ate at our 3 favorite places, Hilton Head Diner, The Boathouse and Old Oyster Factory. We also have a new favorite...The Big Bamboo Cafe!

Anthony really enjoyed the kid's programs this time. He did the Beach Adventure and Big Murgie's Marsh Adventure. He loved both. We also did the campfire and he enjoyed the pool games.

We received our request of a bottom floor unit (my parents both have bad knees). However, we were right behind the water slide! Actually, I could keep a close eye on Anthony from there while Dad was watchful in the pool! ;-) We had a couple minor fixits after the first nite and they were fixed immediately.

One major thing and this is HEAD's UP to all you people who use the drinking glasses, don't just put your hand in the cabinet to get the glasses. I put my hand to get a wine glass out of the cabinet on top of the sink...thank god it was facing backwards but there was a good 2" x 1" chunk of glass missing from it. I could have really cut myself seriously. Apparently someone broke it and instead of reporting it they cleaned the glass shards and put the glass away! Also the glass I was going to use had a crack and chip in it. I immediately reported it and they told me don't put your hand in there! Housekeeping/maintenance came to check it out and replace the glasses. So just a little FYI!

Hubby golfed twice at Trent Jones and the Shipyard. He was very pleased with the Shipyard but he said Trent Jones was disorganized.

Since this was our present to my parents for their 40th anniv. I was hoping something nice would be done for them but alas it was not to be. My parents didn't even know it was noted on our ressie. The clerk at checkin even mentioned "oh, it's a 40th anniv!" No biggee, I didn't expect anything.

Oh, and one last quick note before I'm off to bed...Eric, Chrystal and Thad (especially Thad in the pool) are wonderful with the Kids. Anthony was hanging off Thad in the pool and having a ball. I just can't say enough about them.

Cora

Sounds like you had a great time. I am looking forward to staying at HH someday soon!!!

How did you get to be grand marshalls at the parade? That is a dream of my oldest DD who has been to WDW about 22 times in only her (not quite) 10 years of life!!!!!!! We will be going for her 10th birthday this month and if I could fangle it, being Grand Marshall would be an awesome present!!

Grand Marshall was a great experience. However, I can't give you any info on how to get chosen. We had walked in to the City Hall and went to get my son a "Today's my Birthday" Button. We started chatting with a cast member and next thing we knew he asked us! The family that did it with us were walking into the park and "looked happy" and he approached them.

Hope this helps.
Cora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter