Just back from HH

RyMickey

Disney Freak
Just got back from 6 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Resort. This was our first trip as DVC members and we were not disappointed. It was truly one of the most relaxing vacations we've ever had.

We wanted to thank all of you for your help in planning the trip.

Also, to add a few things:
*The nature kayak trip is great. It is a must-do and we can't wait to go back and do it again. Plus, it was well worth it for the cost. Instead of taking the pricy dolphin cruises, we kayaked and saw dolphins (no more than 20 yards from our kayaks), great blue herons, and a huge variety of fish in close range. Plus, we got to kayak (something we had never done before).
*The "Behind the Ears" tour was enjoyable. There was no charge for the tour which pointed out several hidden mickeys around the resort and also told a history of the island in general.
*Although always helpful and never unkind, the cast members at Hilton Head weren't up to the level of excellence that we were used to seeing at WDW. The front desk was filled with people "earning their ears" who were "new to the island" and couldn't tell us the nearest pharmacy without checking with those people in the back room. Now, I understand that we're being picky, but you would think that in the busy summer season, they would have people at the front desk of all places that would know the island. Anyway, in general, they were all nice, but they were not at all up to the standard that is set at WDW hotels.

RyMickey

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. We were there the same time as you; what day did you take the behind the ears tour? We were probably on the same tour! I noticed a huge improvement in the CM rec staff; but i agree the CM's at check in were definitely new. I pretty much told HIM the stuff, lol. He said he was glad i already knew it cause he was just learning. We had a great 2 br next to pool, weather was great, HH was great; it just keeps getting better and better there. glad you enjoyed it! donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter