Just back from HRH, IOA & US

Donica

Earning My Ears
:bounce:

I just got back to the real world on Wednesday. I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. This hotel is great if you like Rock and Roll! The help was good. I did get some mis-information. The parks do not open until 9am! Thank you for letting me know about the Lowes membership. I secured my membership before I booked. When I got to the hotel after mentioning my membership. They were kind enough to give me a super upgrade from a garden view room to a deluxe pool view room. I also received my free bottle of wine. What a nice perk. The only downer about the hotel was out of the two nights I stayed at the hotel the pool was closed BOTH nights due to an "accident," so they had to close the pool and shock it until morning.

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Front of the Line rights that you get with staying at the hotel. I was able to zip right through every line without a problem. On Monday the crowds were extremely light. I think the longest wait time I saw in the park was 30 minutes for Spidey. I did many of the IOA numerous times. :) It was great! :p

On Tuesday, I went to US. Again the FOTL ruled! :) I was able to see amost every show and went on every ride! I was able to do MIB a couple of times. The only reason why I didn't get to see everyone was the times. I missed the makeup show. :rolleyes:

The whole experience was great!
I would highly recommend staying at the HRH.

Take care!
Donica:bounce:

Did they have early entry on any of the days you were there? If not, how early did you head over to the parks for a 9:00am opening?

Thanks!
Sue

Only 29 more days!

P.S.

Where did you eat?? Anywhere yummy?

Neither park had early entry. They did open the park about 10 minutes early 8:50am rather than 9am. Both parks had rides going until after 5:30...even thou the hours are only from 9-5. I wasn't complaining. :p

Because I was staying at the HRH, I decided to leave IOA to go back and change for lunch. I was drenched -- Riding Popeye (3 times) and Dudley's Ripsaw Falls (2 times) will definity do it. I went into Orlando for lunch and came back.

In US, I did have lunch. I liked the flat sandwiches available at the International Mall/Restaurant....enough food for 2.

Have a great time! :bounce:
Donica

Donica,

I am curious...did you get a special rate at the HRH (Entertainment or Fan Club)? I would like to know because you mentioned your room was upgraded and I am going to be staying at the HRH next week and I wanted to see if I could use my upgrade card that Loews sent me. I was told that there are no upgrades with special rates.

Thanks,
Mike :D

Welcome back, Donica! BTW, I WORK at a rock & roll station and I could live without if forEVER but I LOVED the Hard rock! I felt like I was at work (in a GOOD way!) everyone was soooo cool! :cool:

I noticed that on 10/13 the IOA was open until 7:00 pm. There was a sign inside the park. So watch for daily specials such as this when you visit.

What is the Loews card? We are at HRH 12/22 and 23. We got a rate of $148 per night when we booked back in August. I wonder if we could get a better rate or upgrade now in light of all the problems.
Anyone know the hours for these dates?
Thanks
Tony

disneykins,
Go to www.loewshotels.com Follow the links to sign up for a Loew's First card. It's free. If you have it you may qualify for a room upgrade and will get one of the perks when you check in.

We received a room upgrade (at the Portofin) before we had a Loews card. Just sweetly ask, you never know. I think the Loews card is more useful for the "welcome" goodies you receive.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter