Just back from my one day solo trip!

dhearn

Earning My Ears
I was in Orlando on business Oct 7th and 8th. Had to do the business thing until 6pm on Tuesday, but after that, it was all Disney!

Tuesday night:

Around 8pm, went over to DD and had a strawberry daquari at Capt'n Jacks while waiting on my table at Rainforest Cafe. Food at Rainforest was very good. Spent the rest of the night doing a little shopping for the kids.

Wednesday:

Got to CR for a 7am PS for Chef Mickey's. I was amazed at how many people are up that early in the morning for breakfast. Especially the kids. Seemed like hundreds of them. They were all very wide awake and ready to go! Breakfast was great and I did not feel odd at all being single. Met a great family from Seattle with one little boy and had a fun time talking with them. It was their first time to WDW and were getting ready to go to AK so they were asking all sorts of questions. Of course, I was happy to help out and answer all of them.

My whole goal for the day was to do as much as I could, as quickly as I could because I didn't have the whole day. Had to leave the parks by about 3PM for a flight back home to Atlanta.

After breakfast, drove over to main MK parking lot and hopped a tram to TTC. Rode the monorail over to the MK and got there in time for the opening of the park. That was the first time I had ever experienced the opening and it was wonderful. Saw the singing and dancing with the Mayor of Main Street doing his speech and they had picked a family from NY to throw out the pixie dust. How do you get picked to do that?

Park opened and I ran to Adventureland. Had to wait about 10 minutes once I got to the entrance and wait for the CM to drop the rope. Adventureland doesn't open until 10am so we had to take a breezeway over to Frontierland. Wanted to be first on SM! Come to find out though, there were some CMs over there waiting on us in front of Pecos Bills and wouldn't let us run to SM. They had to walk us over there. Oh well. Still ended up making it into the second boat. BTMR is in rehab so didn't get to do that. It was off to HM, then to Mickey's PhilharMagic. MP is awesome. What a great new attraction! I highly recommend it to everyone. After MP, it was off to Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Alien Encounter. Had to do it one more time before it closes for good at the end of the week. Now, that all of that was done, it was back to Adventureland for the Tiki birds and POC. Whew! All of that and it is only 11 am.

Now, it's back to the monorail for a trip to the TTC and a transfer to the Epcot monorail. I get to Epcot and feeling very hungry after all of the walking I have done so far. Buffet and CM didn't go as far as I thought it would. Had lunch at the Land and my feet were loving me for giving them a much deserved rest. Finished with lunch now so it's off to Mission Space. Being solo definately has it's advantages. Got to MS and immediately into the Singles line. Advertised wait for the Singles line was 30 minutes. Actual wait time: 5 minutes. Incredible ride. Being a pilot, I really loved all of the G forces that you go through. Definately don't want to lift your head, look left or right, or close your eyes. You WILL get spacial disorientation as we call it in the aviation business and if you are prone to motion sickness at all, you've had it! Just keep your eyes on the screen and you will be fine. After MS, had to do Test Track. Another great attraction in my opinion. Again, the single rider line was great. Another lower than advertised wait time. So with all this extra time saved, I had to do them each one more time. Getting close to having to leave, I decide to walk back towards the front and ride Spaceship Earth just to wind down before my drive to the airport. Very relaxing.

When I got off of SE, reallity sets in and I am very sad knowing that I have to leave the world. But I think back and realize how much I had done in just a part of a day and knowing that I will be back, I drive away happy!

Thanks for the report. It sounds like to really made the most of your time. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Wow! Thanks for the report--you really did a lot in a short time!

Now that DH and I bought Florida Resident Seasonal Passes, I expect to be going solo now and then. I have every other week off from work(I work for 7 days, then I'm off for 7 days) and my DH works a normal Mon-Fri schedule, so he won't always be able to go with me.

I never would have considered going solo until I started reading this board.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter