Just back from NPB - highs and lows

Ms Poppins

I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk
Just getting back to real life after a few days at DLP and thought I'd share our highs and lows:

Lows:
Not many really and not all to do with Disney!
Heavy rain on Tuesday afternoon meant we had an extended time in our hotel
4 hour delay with our flight - home at 3:30am.......not great
NPB not brilliant - but still a nice hotel - A few little niggles including the walkway all the way around the lake. It's not fun at midnight. It is not a 'few minutes extra' We timed it and it took at least 8 minutes from the front of the Hotel New York to Newport Bay. Doesn't sound like much but when you're knackered every step counts, lol. I knew this before we went, but it was still annoying.

Highs:
Weather most of the time was beautiful, lovely and sunny with some wind which made it very manageable
CM's all very, very lovely and friendly. Seen lots of lovely interaction with kids around us, was great to see
Disneyland Park looking lovely, especially Fantasyland - the Dumbo refurb is amazing!
Crowd levels, whilst very busy was also manageable
Phantom Manor refurb great too
Big Thunder Mountain in the dark - has to be the best experience ever!
Surprised by some nice counter service restaurants - loved The Lucky Nugget and enjoyed Bella Notte too

Overall we had an amazing time again. We took our time, managed our expectations and had a wonderful holiday together. Time to plan the next one :flower1:

Bella Notte, really? It's not on my avoid-list, but it's also not high up there. What did you order, I'm there in about a week and haven't thought about where to have dinner or lunch yet :)

Good to hear you had a good time. I love the Phantom Manor Refurb.

Bella Notte, really? It's not on my avoid-list, but it's also not high up there. What did you order, I'm there in about a week and haven't thought about where to have dinner or lunch yet :)

Good to hear you had a good time. I love the Phantom Manor Refurb.
I know, we were surprised too, lol. We waited about 20 minutes but everywhere was packed out so we just decided to wait. DD and I had the spaghetti and DH and DS had pizza. All was really hot, big portions and was actually really delicious. Our favourite counter service is Hakuna Matata but we couldn't get near it because all the people who had purchased the Lion King signature package were there for their meals (fair enough) but it meant there was a queue outside every time we passed. It may not have been as long a wait as we thought, but we were too hungry to wait and see. Bella Notte is now on our list!

Did you try the outside pool? NPBC is one of my favorite's! (When management decides they want to staff it so it can open.)

Did you try the outside pool? NPBC is one of my favorite's! (When management decides they want to staff it so it can open.)

Yes, we did. It’s a lovely pool with lots of space. It was absolutely roasting hot though! I thought we would get a cool down, it was colder out of the pool than it was in it, lol. We only used the outside pool.

OP I echo your sentiments about the walk to and from NPB. We also had a wonderful time enjoying the pool and parks. Maybe because we had low expectations based on all that we read before our trip that we found the parks to have the home like Disney feeling:) The castle is magical!

OP I echo your sentiments about the walk to and from NPB. We also had a wonderful time enjoying the pool and parks. Maybe because we had low expectations based on all that we read before our trip that we found the parks to have the home like Disney feeling:) The castle is magical!

Nice to hear you had a good time :thumbsup2

Sounds like you had a great time!

We did, thanks :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter