Just back from OKW

cwnhokie

DIS Veteran
We had a wonderful time. Our one bedroom villa was huge and beautiful. We had a wonderful view of the golf course and water. I'll try to post some pictures when I get them off the laptop. We were in 6414, fairly close to Hospitality House, but quiet as well. It was pretty smokey the first day from the wildfires but the rest of the week was pretty clear, sunny and hot. No rain until we got on the plane to go home and had to wait 45 mins to take off, but we can't complain.

We were in 6424 last month and enjoyed our view also. We had never stayed in that area before and really enjoyed it.

Glad you had fun - we're checking into our 1 bedroom on Saturday. So the smoke wasn't bad at the end of the week? We've been getting worried about that...

Jenny:)

Glad you had fun - we're checking into our 1 bedroom on Saturday. So the smoke wasn't bad at the end of the week? We've been getting worried about that...

Jenny:)

We got back from VWL on Tuesday, I didn't notice the smoke, but depending on the wind, the air had a "burnt" smell to it. DH thought this was funny as I am always stuffed up(bad sinuses) and was the only one who could smell it. :rotfl:

So glad to hear you enjoyed OKW. Our first stay was in building 64 and we loved it also. Actually, we've loved every place we've stayed at OKW!

The smoke was very bad the first day April 29th, it was noticable, Downtown Disney looked like it had a mist around it. At that time the smoke was from fires in Georgia, I believe. The rest of the week it was not noticable.

My only regret was that we didn't spend more time at the resort. It was my intention to spend more time relaxing there than at the parks. Well, best laid plans, we spent more time at the parks than ever.

So glad you enjoyed your stay! I have a colleague at work who is leaving tomorrow and staying in a 2-bedroom at OKW; they rented it from friends. I told him he will be bowled over! :woohoo:

I have been very worried about the smoke and particulates in the air. My pulmonologist advised me to cancel the trip.....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I suppose at the least, I might have to spend some or all of it indoors, or at the worst, in a hospital room. Hopefully it will mostly be gone by Sunday.

I have been very worried about the smoke and particulates in the air. My pulmonologist advised me to cancel the trip.....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! I suppose at the least, I might have to spend some or all of it indoors, or at the worst, in a hospital room. Hopefully it will mostly be gone by Sunday.

Prayers for you that all goes well. Take care of yourself and have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter