• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from OKW

Tiggery

DIS Veteran
Got back yesterday from our OKW trip. Did a studio for 2 nights then moved to a 2 bdrm for the remaining 8 nights (perfect location). Both rooms were VERY clean and looking wonderful. Having only done studios before at okw (1bdrm stays were at BCV) we were very impressed at the size of the rooms. :thumbsup2
3 years ago we ate at Olivias and really enjoyed it. We ate there once this trip and were very disappointed, food was mediocre and entree arrived before we were even halfway through our appetisers (the server stood there with our plates and said what do you want me to do) The manager was very offhand with us when we mentioned this to her. I think we will pass on eating here for a few years at least.
I'm not quite sure how but we ended up doing an add-on whilst we were there :banana:
Okay back into planning mode for our new year OKW trip:cool1:
:thumbsup2 This trip has reaffirmed OKW as our favourite DVC resort

Thanks for the great trip report Tiggery. We'll be staying at OKW for the first time in october so I eagerly look for information on this gorgeous resort. I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience at Olivia's. We were planning a meal or two there as well. I hope things change by the time we get there.

do you remember you room numbers?

OKW 2-bedroom is BIG. especially compared to other DVC resorts.:goodvibes

Congratulations on your add on!:banana:

I'm glad you had such a good time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Congratulations on your add-on and thanks for the report Tiggery. Have you any pics of your 2-bed at OKW you could share?

When I saw the word "whilst" in your post, I knew you were a Brit!:thumbsup2 I am sorry that Olivia's was so bad for you.:hug: After experiencing baked potatoes in England with beans/cole slaw on them, I am absolutely sure that Olivia's had to be awful, in order for you to make a complaint!:scared1: Just teasing!:dance3:

spiceycat
The studio was in building 47 and the 2 bdrm was in building 23 cant remember the numbers sorry.
Cruelladeville and DisneyFreaks,
it wasn't that Olivias was bad it just wasn't good. We didnt do the dining package and it cost us $70 for food that was average and served poorly. I too hope that it improves as it limits the dining options for us when we stay at OKW and we used to love the place so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter