Just back from our 1st trip to VWL

SueBill

Mouseketeer
My husband and I just returned from Disneyworld on Saturday:( We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and really loved it. The resort was even better than I imagined it would be. We had a studio (trying to save points) and our room was 2563 - the last room down the hall. The staff was great and the room was in excellent condition when we arrived.
We at at Whispering Canyon but unfortunately we were seated away from all of the action.
We go to Disney every Spring Break but the crowds seemed extremely heavy this year. The fast passes to Soarin were gone by the time we made it to Epcot which was around 10:30am. We did take advantage of the extra evening hours every night but still waited 90 minutes to ride Soarin.
We had a great trip and I can't wait to go back to Widerness Lodge one day in the future !!:goodvibes

Glad that you had a great trip and enjoyed VWL! Thanks for sharing your impressions. :)

Sounds great! Sorry about Soarin' -- trying to get even two rides in a day without living in line may require Nobel-quality math skills, but it is really a great experience. My kids float through the rest of the day after a ride.

Glad u enjoyed the VWL ! We love this resort as well.
We were in WDW Feb 21-26 and found it very crowded. Much more this year than other years. Fast Passes were gone by 11am--12 noon for the most popular rides most days. One really has to become quite skilled at how and when to manuever in the parks during these very busy times, otherwise, as ammo said, you're lucky to get through 2 rides in 5-6 hours and this is no exaggeration. We waited for Test Track (FP's were gone) for 2 hours one day that week ! My kids love this ride, so I was stuck in the line with them. When we first got in line, the posted time was 60 min. Somewhere during our wait, they must have changed the sign, but we never saw that.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. NO fastpasses by 10:30am?!?! YIKES! We are planning a spring break trip for 2008, so I guess we better get to the parks very EARLY!!!

Did you find VWL was a nice break from the crowds of the park, or did it feel crowded as well? Curious because this is where we will be staying for our Spring Break trip. Never been in a busy season ...

Our family visited WDW this past Mardi Gras break here in La. just so happens that was the same time as president's week, needless to say it was incredibly crowded!!! But we still rode every ride that we wanted (my oldest 9 year old loved It's a small world), and did everything we wanted.

You just can't put a price on the expressions of our family's faces during our times at Disneyworld. So we are now...

My husband and I just returned from Disneyworld on Saturday:( We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and really loved it. The resort was even better than I imagined it would be. We had a studio (trying to save points) and our room was 2563 - the last room down the hall. The staff was great and the room was in excellent condition when we arrived.
We at at Whispering Canyon but unfortunately we were seated away from all of the action.
We go to Disney every Spring Break but the crowds seemed extremely heavy this year. The fast passes to Soarin were gone by the time we made it to Epcot which was around 10:30am. We did take advantage of the extra evening hours every night but still waited 90 minutes to ride Soarin.
We had a great trip and I can't wait to go back to Widerness Lodge one day in the future !!:goodvibes

Glad you loved WLV, even though we own at BCV, WL is quickly becoming our favorite. I'm starting to believe there are no more slow times at disney.:sad1:

I'm starting to believe there are no more slow times at disney.

Truer words! We are living in Orlando this year (one year only) and have been impressed by the day-to-day strategies adopted by our friends and neighbors. But even the Thursday before President's Day was very busy this year, which apparently surprised a lot of people.

But back to the starting point of the thread, Wilderness Lodge is great!

Did you find VWL was a nice break from the crowds of the park, or did it feel crowded as well? Curious because this is where we will be staying for our Spring Break trip. Never been in a busy season ...

Yes, we really found it to be a nice break from the crowds. I really enjoyed walking around te grounds outside and the lobby was beautiful !
The main pool was closed so we used the quiet pool but it wasn't too crowded. I can't wait to go back when the main pool is open again !!:)

we just returned from a week at vwl and fell in love with it. it is so comfortable.:goodvibes we will stay there again when at all possible.;)

Glad you enjoyed VWL. We are sorta partial too it ourselves;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter