Just back from our first and not last...trip to the cabins!!

Hi - We stayed at the cabins in May for 9 days...we LOVED it. We were in the 2600 loop which we found very convienent. We did laundry once - it was by the swimming pool. The laundry room was very disneylike...clean and well stocked with extras. I had brought some Wisk tablets and a couple dryer sheets with me. It was no big deal.

We had rented a car so we were able to go to the grocery store. Goodings was awful! Very expensive!!! Publix was reasonable, and we bought breakfast and snack food. We also made two dinners...baked chicken and rice with a vege and then grilled hamburgers with FF and salad.

We made a second run to the store for more drinks and fruit. We used bottled water.

Don't worry. The cabins are a great time. There was Plenty of storage space for the 4 of us...we used some of cabinets in the LR for bulky clothes. As usual we brought too many things. I vow next year to only bring a reasonable amount...one item I used a lot was a light sweater....the ac was really cool in some of the shows. We bought into the DVC Beach Club Villas and they have a washer & dryer in the villa. To tell you the truth the primary stumbling point to buying into DVC is that the FW cabins were so appealing. Well, I will just have to make do with the Beach Club!
Have fun! Sandie B, Freeland, Maryland

MY FAMILY AND I ARE PLANNING OUR TRIP 12/6-12/15 TO THE CABINS. I WAS WORRIED THEY WOULD NOT BE ALL THAT AND THE BAG OF CHIPS. WE JUST TOOK A 4 DAY TRIP AND FOUND OUR STOMACHES DO NOT AJUST WELL TO EATINGOUT THREE TIMES ADAY. SO HAD TO CHANGE OUR MINDS OBOUT WHERE WE WOULD STAY AND THE CABINS GOT OUR VOTE FOR PRICE AND BECAUSE ITS INSIDE WDW. I FELT SO MUCH BETTER AFTER READING YOUR REPORT BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND ALOT ABOUT THE CABINS. THANKS FOR THE REPORT. OH IF THERE IS ANYTHING MORE ANYONE CAN THINK OF THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL PLEASE IMFORM ME:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Hello... checking in with some Wilderness Cabin info. Our large group stayed in a cabin in March of this year, and we did just fine. We had been in the cabins before but the new ones are extra-nifty. We were not crowded but did have concerns about 4 adults and 2 kids sharing 1 bathroom.

If you look on a map of Fort Wilderness, it is sort of a big figure 8. One loop of the 8 has campsites, and the other loop, farther from the lake, has the cabins. HOWEVER, loop 2100 (cabins) is stuck in with the campsites. Since it is adjacent to folks camping, it has an accessible "comfort station," or public toilet/shower/laundry facility.

This helps if you are in a large group. We requested loop 2100, "Bobcat Bend", close to the comfort station. We had a great cabin (2140, I think) and just a few feet away was an access path to the comfort station. I did laundry there a lot, and while we never showered there, we could have. Ft. Wilderness Comfort Stations are spotless. AND just knowing we had access to other potties (in case of a vacation colon emergency!) made us all rest easier.

As an added extra, Bobcat Bend is close to one of the main bus stops. I think it's a great location for any group worried about bathroom battles. :D

The cabins are absolutely the BEST! There is plenty of room, extra cabinets in the kitchen & living room. They make mornings great, one child can have breakfast while another is getting showered. There is room for snacks and a real fridge. No living out of a cooler. Each cabin also has a deck & outside grill if you decide to barbecue. We go at Xmas , take a small tree & decorate the cabin inside & out with lights and garland. We get a golf cart for the entire time (A MUST for me, best partof the trip) We usually spend the first afetrnoon decorating the cabin & the golf cart with xmas decorations. Early evenings are great with a cart if you are not in the park. There are lots of people out for a "drive" in their carts after dinner. Its fun to ride around and see how many people decorate cabins & campsites for the holidays. Another neat thing is the Chip & Dale campfire sing along followed by a disney movie at the outside theater. Its fun & its free. There is even space on the sides where you can drive up & sit in your cart while you watch the movie. I could go on forever , try it - you'll like it!:Pinkbounc

We stayed in the cabins over last Christmas, even cooked Christmas dinner there! We decorated, too and had an absolutely wonderful time. One thing I would encourage others to bring if they plan to use the kitchens is a cookie sheet in addition to the salt and pepper, coffee filters, and paper bathroom cups suggested at the Deb Wills site. i brought some of the newer disposable bake ware and it worked very well. There are timers on both ovens and microwave if that matters for your cooking. Only downside (after tight storage space) were the squirrels enjoying our bag of apples on the deck!! We too were in the 2100 loop and it worked well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter