Just back from Spring Break trip 3/12-3/15

Christy702

Mouseketeer
On the way home from 4 park days with my mom, one of her friends, and one of my friends. My friend had never been and mom’s friend hadn’t been since 2000, so we were excited to see everything from their eyes.

We originally had a room booked at All Star music through Expedia, but got an email a week prior to the trip that our room was now unavailable. My mom called Disney and they upgraded us to a Cars suite at AoA at no additional cost, talk about some Pixie Dust! We really loved AoA and would definetly stay there again.

We haven’t been to WDW during Spring Breakin several years, so I was a little worried about how crowded it was going to be, especially with a first-timer (and another basically first-timer). Mom and I are AP holders but our friends only wanted to buy one-park tickets, and honestly I was worried I would miss being able to park-hop, but in the end we had plenty of time to see all the attractions at each park and take mid-day naps so it worked out great.

3/12- Animal Kingdom. Park opened at 7 with EMH, and we got there around 6:30. Went to FOP and waited around 45 minutes, and then rode NRJ and waited about 20 minutes. Used FP for Everest and Dinosaur. Overall the crowds were not nearly as bad as I was anticipating. Left the park around 6 and went back to the hotel to nap and then went to have dinner at California Grill and watch HEA. A must do for us every trip!

3/13- Epcot. Arrived 30 minutes before park opening and went to FEA first, waited about 30 minutes. Used FP for TT and got in line for Soarin before park closing and waited 20 mins. The crowds this day were much worse. Since all the lines were so long, we spent most of the afternoon at World Showcase and then walked to Beaches and Cream and ate the kitchen sink, and finished it! Went back to nap and then went back to the park for evening EMH. A lot less crowded at night and we got a lot done.

3/14- Magic Kingdom. 7DMT and several other rides were all down at rope drop. We ended up doing BTMR first and 7DMT was down for maybe an hour but once it was back up the line was already so long so we just moved on. Got a good amount of stuff done and then ate at BOG for lunch, did a few more rides, and went back to nap. Came back for evening EMH and finished everything else we wanted to do. The only complaint I had about this day was how backed up the lines got during EMH while the CM’s were checking Magic Bands. The line to get in line for Space Mountain was all the way to the Laugh Floor. It was ridiculous but I guess there isn’t a better way to do it. Finally got to ride 7DMT. When we got in line the wait was posted 60 mins, and right after we got in line we got the “due to the ammount of gems in the mine” our wait time might be longer than posted. We waited about 50 mins so not too bad at all. We stayed until 1 AM and man we were tired, didn’t get into bed until 3.

3/15- Hollywood Studios. This was a ROUGH day after being up until 3 AM, but made it there by rope drop anyways. Rode TSMM first, waited about 30 mins. Got in standby line for RNRC, wait was posted at 45 minutes. Soon after we got in line, we got the announcement that since they were booked “rock solid” our wait time might be longer than originally posted. We decided to stay in line and ended up waiting an hour and 40 minutes, ugh. Oh well. Rode Star Tours last and while in FP line they had an announcement that “due to the ammount of tours booked” the wait time would be longer than posted. We were able to see and do everything (no time for nap) and then watch Fantasmic. Went back to the hotel and slept very well :worship:

Overall we had a great trip. I had the expectiation of heavy crowds so I didn’t let that ruin the trip. The longest we ever waited was for RNRC, but we normally didn’t wait any longer than an hour, and we still got to do everything. Plus, reading the parking fee threads really kept me busy in line :D Can’t wait to be back in July and then Disneyland Paris in the fall!
Thanks for reading:thumbsup2

Nice upgrade! :)

We’re the long lines on your EMH evening all night long? We are doing one of these next week and have read others had lower crowds.

Nice upgrade! :)

We’re the long lines on your EMH evening all night long? We are doing one of these next week and have read others had lower crowds.
We did evening EMH at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. At Epcot the lines were very short compared to how they had been all day. At Magic Kingdom we only had time to do Buzz, 7DMT, and then Space Mountain, so I’m not really sure what the rest of the park looked like. There was typically a small line to get into the queue while the CM was checking magic bands (except space mountain, that line was LONG) but once in the queue the waits were not bad at all. 7DMT was still a 50 minute wait, but that’s still significantly shorter than during the nornal day. I still highly recommend staying/arriving early for EMH, have a good trip!

Cars at NIGHT is one of the coolest things in all of WDW-CONGRATS on that MEGA Pixie Dust!:)

How did the "Rookie" like WDW-do you have a new WDW Buddy?

I see you are from College Station so GIG EM!:)

Cars at NIGHT is one of the coolest things in all of WDW-CONGRATS on that MEGA Pixie Dust!:)

How did the "Rookie" like WDW-do you have a new WDW Buddy?

I see you are from College Station so GIG EM!:)
She really liked it! She had no idea what to expect so she was really impressed with everything.
And yes we go to TAMU together and kept commenting on how many aggies we saw in the parks!

Enjoyed your report very much. Good for you all for burning the candle at both ends. I am not a napper, and love the parks in the dark, so sleep in after the late nights. I always read how much you can get done in the first 2 hours after rope drop. Glad you had such a successful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!