Just back from SSR

dwelty

"God Bless 'em, let 'em pee"-Roy Disney
Hi everyone,

Just got back from SSR (May 3 thru may 9th) Had a great time! Stayed in room 2826 in Grandstand Section (Building right across the parking lot from Carrage House). This was an excellent location, we were in a one bedroom with a Golf Course view. Location was dead quite, but with a quick walk to Artist Palette, main pool, and boat launch to DTD. We really love SSR, we were sad to leave, but we will be back in November, and again in December. Room was in great shape, but of course it was brand new. They only have one building left to finish, and it was almost done. Talked to a construction guy, and he said that it was ahead of schedule and they expected to complete it around June 1. (From the outside it is done, and all of the landscaping is in). So if you visit SSR now, you will see it in it's completed state.

Snack bar was not open yet. Grandstand parking lot was only half full. I expect them to open this when the last building is finished.

Thanks for the update. We put in our request for the Grandstand section for our June trip and are really hoping it comes through. :goodvibes I just think to have all that, the pool with the bar/snackbar right in the section is just such a big plus. In addition, being the first bus stop and being close to the main area of the resort, it's just the place to be. Just can't wait to go home!!! :cloud9:

Cool Dwelty. I'm hoping we end up in that section come Sunday. So far I've been spending my time visiting the other resorts. Spent a lot of time at VWL and BWV today. Disney sure is a beautiful place to visit no matter where you end up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter