• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from the Boardwalk Inn

Disneytam

disneytam
We just returned from a week vacation at the world from Feb.22-Feb.28. Since the Dis board has been so helpful to me over the years I wanted to give back a little but I know I wont be able to do a whole trip report so this will be a quick report.
We arrived at the Boardwalk Inn about 5:00 on Sunday evening after a really nutty stressful flight in. We were staying club level and had done the early check in requesting a boardwalk view. I also called ahead to request a bottle of distilled water for a family members medical device and I wanted a pull out couch since my 21 year old son didn't want to be sleeping with anyone else. Amazingly all my requests were made, we had room #4235 which is on the boardwalk and right across the hallway from the lounge. They also had put 2 gallons of distilled water in our room (no charge) and a pull out couch. Happy Happy! The CL staff were just awesome all week and we enjoyed breakfast in the lounge almost every morning. Most nights we also came back to the hotel for evening appetizers and wine before we headed to our ADR's. The first night we just stayed in and had dinner at the lounge.

I had an AP and a TIW card that we used often and saved a lot of money with since this was my third trip using them and we were not on a dining plan. Surprisingly when I used the TIW card only two places asked for my ID with it. One was Via Napole and the other was at the Bellevue lounge at the boardwalk .A few times I offered it and they said they didn't need it. The AP was a whole different story. Every time I was asked for ID and twice when one of the family members offered to pay for something the cashier informed me that she better not see any cash changing hands or they couldn't give me the discount. Ouch!
Overall I would say the cast members were very friendly and the only really upset guests were at meal check-ins. I saw people turned away at Sci-Fi, Hollywood studios, Tony's and BOG. Some of those guests were very angry and one couple really let the poor cast member have it when they were told there were no openings at Sci-Fi.
Crowd levels I thought were really insane and I followed Josh's recommended days for the most part. On the 25 we were at the MK and it seemed like wall to wall people! I took some photos but don't have a clue how to post. At two o'clock on the 25 you couldn't walk with your arms stretched out without hitting people. We have always gone Oct. and Feb before and if this was a slow time then you couldn't pay me to go in the summer. Late night hours seemed to work better then early hours to get a lot of rides done.
The new areas for wishes fastpass viewing opened up while we were at the MK and they are really well done! Can't wait to see when its all done.
I will do a short food report on the dinning page. Anyone has any questions please ask away.

I completely forgot about my husband needing distilled water until you mentioned it. I wonder if CSR will provide it (even with a cost) or if it is something I need to figure out how to get there.....

Thanks for posting. I hope to stay at BWI on our next trip and I like reading reviews of the resort

Terri

We just returned from a week vacation at the world from Feb.22-Feb.28. Since the Dis board has been so helpful to me over the years I wanted to give back a little but I know I wont be able to do a whole trip report so this will be a quick report.
We arrived at the Boardwalk Inn about 5:00 on Sunday evening after a really nutty stressful flight in. We were staying club level and had done the early check in requesting a boardwalk view. I also called ahead to request a bottle of distilled water for a family members medical device and I wanted a pull out couch since my 21 year old son didn't want to be sleeping with anyone else. Amazingly all my requests were made, we had room #4235 which is on the boardwalk and right across the hallway from the lounge. They also had put 2 gallons of distilled water in our room (no charge) and a pull out couch. Happy Happy! The CL staff were just awesome all week and we enjoyed breakfast in the lounge almost every morning. Most nights we also came back to the hotel for evening appetizers and wine before we headed to our ADR's. The first night we just stayed in and had dinner at the lounge.

I had an AP and a TIW card that we used often and saved a lot of money with since this was my third trip using them and we were not on a dining plan. Surprisingly when I used the TIW card only two places asked for my ID with it. One was Via Napole and the other was at the Bellevue lounge at the boardwalk .A few times I offered it and they said they didn't need it. The AP was a whole different story. Every time I was asked for ID and twice when one of the family members offered to pay for something the cashier informed me that she better not see any cash changing hands or they couldn't give me the discount. Ouch!
Overall I would say the cast members were very friendly and the only really upset guests were at meal check-ins. I saw people turned away at Sci-Fi, Hollywood studios, Tony's and BOG. Some of those guests were very angry and one couple really let the poor cast member have it when they were told there were no openings at Sci-Fi.
Crowd levels I thought were really insane and I followed Josh's recommended days for the most part. On the 25 we were at the MK and it seemed like wall to wall people! I took some photos but don't have a clue how to post. At two o'clock on the 25 you couldn't walk with your arms stretched out without hitting people. We have always gone Oct. and Feb before and if this was a slow time then you couldn't pay me to go in the summer. Late night hours seemed to work better then early hours to get a lot of rides done.
The new areas for wishes fastpass viewing opened up while we were at the MK and they are really well done! Can't wait to see when its all done.
I will do a short food report on the dinning page. Anyone has any questions please ask away.
I totally forgot to mention the wonderful time we had at the 1900 PF dinner. My 21 year old son was not thrilled with going to a character meal but agreed to a meal that had face character's only. Little did he know what he was getting into! As soon as the evil step mother came to the table I mentioned that my son was looking for a wife. Wow did she run with it! She quickly called Anastasia over and grabbed my sons hand and pulled him from the table. He had a t-shirt on that said Lord of the Strings and she was delighted that her daughter was going to marry a noble man. Happily my son went along with it and very quickly was down on one knee proposing ( evil stepmom took off her ring and gave it to him for an engagement ring). Of course he had to reassure them that he was a wealthy Lord and not a poor one looking for their money. It was just hysterical and I saw many cameras out including my own of course. I had to laugh when the next day I saw my sons proposal photos up on his facebook page. So if you have an older teen or young adult that says their too old for character's this might be the perfect place to go. The food was very good as well.

I completely forgot about my husband needing distilled water until you mentioned it. I wonder if CSR will provide it (even with a cost) or if it is something I need to figure out how to get there.....

I believe you need to provide it yourself. I did at BCV. I used Garden Grocer to deliver it, along with other things as well

Thanks for the review! Glad all your room requests were made and you enjoyed your stay :)
If you have ever read about any of my other trips you would see that any room request that I made I would never get. In our family it was kind of a running joke that I would always get the exact opposite of what I requested, so we really are amazed when we get what we requested. I have learned to just go with the flow.

I believe you need to provide it yourself. I did at BCV. I used Garden Grocer to deliver it, along with other things as well

Thank you. I was thinking of using Garden Grover anyway, so this will solidify that plan.

One other thing that I forgot to mention was the great interaction during the electrical parade at the Magic Kingdom. My son who is 21, and like all young adults, was always on his cell phone texting away. At the start of the parade I asked him to put it away. Of course he didn't but half way through the parade one of the walking characters (he looked like a grey mouse) ran across the street waving his finger at my son and yelled at him to put away the phone and watch the parade. He then turned to me and winked and with a quick bow he was back off to the parade. It was hysterical and my son quickly put the phone away! Only at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter