Just back from the Princess Half Marathon weekend at the Poly

Disneyjojo789

Earning My Ears
Just a quick report after completing the Princess Half Marathon weekend. Our hotel destination was a studio Villa at the Polynesian in the Tokeleau building.The Tokeleua building was perfect as it was close to the quiet pool and a short walk to the main lobby. We loved the Poly!! We had a group of 5, myself, my mom and my three daughters. The villa was awesome with two bathrooms and a small kitchenette area. The staff at the Poly were friendly and helpful. The first night we watched HEA from the beach . That was so much fun.
Some of our dining reservations included BOG, OHana's for breakfast and dinner and Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge) for our last night. I can't say enough about Jiko. It was pricey but well worth every penney we spent. Our server was Dave and he was a 10!!! Every food item we ordered was delicious and prepared well. We did not have the dining plan but totally worth the $$$$$.
The only un Disney interaction we experienced was when we were leaving Jiko and were trying to make the Magic Kingdom bus for HEA and one of my daughters who had run the Princess challenge was walking quite slow and the bus driver would not wait 30 seconds for her to make it on the bus. He literally shut the bus door in my face and left the bus depot. She was within sight of the bus and I felt after spending about $500.00 for dinner at the lodge , he could of waited for all of us to board the bus. I did report this to the Poly front desk the next day. It left a really bad vibe with me.
We used Magical Express for the first time to return to the airport and loved it. Not sure why I never used it before,
Other than our bus experience at the AKL, our whole trip was magical and wonderful. We will be returning in November to run in the Wine and Dine half marathon.
JoJo

@Disneyjojo789 thanks for posting this! How was transportation to/from the race from Poly? Can you take the monorail before and after the race instead of the buses? I'm staying at Poly next year for the Princess Half and am starting to do research :-) The other option was to stay at Boardwalk, but I thought Poly would be nice to pre and post race relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!