Just back from Vistana...any questions?

wtg03

In Love with a Mouse!!!
We just got back from a week at Vistana. After that we went to Port Orleans for a night (was supposed to be two but my daughters got sick). I was really looking forward to Port Orleans but was extremely disappointed after staying at Vistana. I guess I shouldn't have expected so much from a hotel room! Vistana had a seperate bedroom, a sleeper sofa, a bathroom with a whirlpool tub, and a kitchenette. And it was only 2 miles from Disney! We also got a great deal from a timeshare owner - $750 for the week! We would have paid that much for ASM. If you have any questions please let me know...
Thanks!

We will be staying at Vistana next week. What were you 'extremely' disappointed about with Vistana? What building did you stay in? We requested to stay in the Lakes or Fountains area, which is not in the main area of the resort. Most people have been staying in the Cascades area.....I haven't heard any reviews of the Lakes or Fountains area. I would love to hear more about your visit at Vistana.
Thanks!

How did you rent from the timeshare owner? Is there a web site? Did you stay at the Vistana Villages or the Resort?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

that after staying at the Vistana first and experiencing their accomodations, that it was an extreme dissapointment with leaving there and then secondly going to the Port Orleans hotel room (instead of vice versa). I think I am reading this right?

Thachi,

I think the original poster was 'extremely' disappointed' with PO and not Vistana ;).

ljsmom, there are some "For Rent" ads by timeshare owners in the Timeshare Users Group Classified Ads section. Also, we sometimes rent out a full week of ours. Feel free to email me with specific questions and info about your desired stay in an area resort. :D potter@a-o.com :D

Thachi-
We were extremely pleased with Vistana. We stayed in the Cascades section which I believe is the newest section. We had a 1 bedroom unit - it was actually the lockoff portion. It had a kitchenette and a sleeper sofa along with the seperate 1 bedroom. After we moved into the hotel my wife, my kids, and myself were letdown by the size. We have stayed onsite at Disney hotels before but after staying at a 1 bedroom unit the difference was very noticable. We didn't participate in any of the activities at Vistana other than using the pool which my kids loved. Now that we are back I'm looking over the literature and they have quite a bit to do. It also looks like they have some good deals on dining as well!

As for renting - we are considering purchasing and rented the unit from the seller. You can go to the website www.tug2.net and check out the classified section. There are quite a few owners renting them and the prices are outstanding - most are less than $1,000 for a 2 bedroom.

One of the things I didn't like about it was trying to get to the Magic Kingdom. You had to go through the transportation center. You had to take the tram to the center, catch the monorail or ferry, and then fight the crowds. This added at least an extra 30 minutes...keep that in mind.

Let me know if you need any more info....
WT

I am going to Vistana in August for a great deal with a stipulation that I take the timeshare presentation. Did you happen to take it? If so, was it high pressure? Also, we will have a car. Is that the way to go to Disney?

I have not been to the Vistana timeshare presentation, but I have been to many others. Most of them are high pressure. Just keep on daying "no" and keep them tp the time limit they agreed to in the begining of the presentation (usually 90 minutes). Having a car is a must when staying at a timeshare because most of them do not have shuttles to the parks.

Have a great time!

I didn't take the Vistana timeshare presentation and wish I would have (just because I seriously considered purchasing a Vistana timeshare on the open market). I've heard nothing but positive things about the Vistana timeshare - nice breakfast, NO HIGH PRESSURE SALES, and if you may be eligible to get some serious discounts on other attractions by attending their presentation.

As mentioned above, a car is a MUST because you are offsite. However, the distance is about 5 minutes from Epcot. Probably about 10-15 minutes from Magic Kingdom - the farthest of any of the parks. Even when we stay onsite we drive to the parks because I hate waiting on the busses. The only park I don't like driving to is Magic Kingdom because you have to go through the parking center.

I really enjoyed Vistana and the rooms compared with the onsite Disney hotels. MUCH MUCH more room, a kitchen, and at least one private bedroom. You can't beat this is you have kids and need a little quiet time - for yourself or them!

ENJOY!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter