Just back from VWL - Great trip

deedeetoo

DIS Veteran
It was our first trip home since we just purchased last fall. We were in 4075 which was a dedicated two bedroom overlooking the quiet pool. Well to be more exact, it looked in the direction of the quiet pool but you really couldn't see the pool because of the trees. We had a single long balcony that ran the length of the living room and second bedroom. We loved the villa. It was reasonably close to the elevator and the long balcony was nice. We could see the electrical water parade just above the tops of the trees.

When we arrived at the resort at about 12:30, we were told our assigned room wasn't ready. Then the CM asked if we had requested to be all the way at the end of the hall. We said no and she then said she was going to change us to a better room. She made a phone call, told someone we wanted to do "room ready" and she was changing us to 4075. I'm not sure who she talked to but we were glad she did.

The room was in great shape. There were no housekeeping or maintenance issues. Trash and towel came as expected on day 4. We used Magical Express. Suitcases were in the room when we returned for dinner so they showed up sometime in the afternoon.

Otherwise, parks were great, food was great, pool was great. Everything was pretty much great. :)

As I was reading your report, my mind was going back to our stays at WL and VWL. I am glad that you had a great time, but now I am homesick!

Don't you just love it when you get a great room - although I pretty much subscribe to the "I don't care as long as I'm at WDW" philosophy :thumbsup2 But I do love it when the room is ready when we arrive.
We've gotten good rooms almost everytime we've gone to WDW.

Thanks for the trip report. Glad you had a great time.

Glad you had a great first trip home. I'm sure that the thought ran through your head quite a few times that you were so glad you made the DVC purchase!! :thumbsup2

And I'm glad that you got "room ready" treatment. We've never seen that at VWL, and never gotten into our room before 3:00 or so. Of course, someone will get that room at the end of the hall. Hopefully the cash paying customers!

Me four, I am (not) patiently awaiting our first stay in Nov. :scared: :scared: Did you have the new fold out bed?
Thanks
Chris

Chris,
Are you going to VWL for halloween and xmas....
Niice...I guess you got your much coveted ressie:goodvibes

"Did you request the room at the end of the hall":lmao: :rotfl2:

That struck me as real funny.....
Glad you had a great 1st trip home..
kerri

Chris,
Are you going to VWL for halloween and xmas....
Niice...I guess you got your much coveted ressie:goodvibes

"Did you request the room at the end of the hall":lmao: :rotfl2:

That struck me as real funny.....
Glad you had a great 1st trip home..
kerri

Yes I got it all, despite the nashing of teeth and biting of finger nails. Now it is time to bring on the vacation......more waiting.:rolleyes1
How long are the halls?
Bring on the new pull out beds for Nov. for my 78 yr. old mothers sake. She is gonna be pis*ed if they are as bad as people say.:scared:
Chris

Sorry I can't answer the question about the pullout bed. Since it was our first trip home I don't know what the old one looked like and don't know if the one we had was different. It did look like a pretty thin mattress. DS6 slept on it just fine but then again he's 6 and could probably sleep anywhere after a day in the parks and in the pool.

you got a great CM at the front desk - sounds like before you were heading to the service shack location. It is at the end of the hall - studios - but next to them is a 2-bedroom dedicated!

I would say you were very lucky!!!!

so now room ready is a request! that is good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter