Just Back - HGVC any questions??

We are back from our 12 night stay at HGVC! We had a 1BR on the ground floor (no elevators, but we did have a few bugs!) in building 4. Not a great view, but we didn't spend much time there anyway. We were just a short walk to the Dual pools. We only enjoyed them a couple of times for the kid's enjoyment. They have a large heated shaded jacuzzi in between the 2 pools. They also have a buffet breakfast on S/S for about $9, and ala carte omlets and french toast/waffles for about $5, but i didn't partake of these.

Our 1BR had a full kitchen. Full size Frige w/ icemaker, above the stove microwave, toaster, coffeemaker (w/ starter pak). They also provide dish towels/cloths, dish wash liquid, dishwasher detergent, and extra roll of towels, and extra trash bags. Plenty of cabinet space and adequate counter space. They have a compact washer/dryer duo and a start pac of Tide. I brought my own pre-measured baggies of Surf/Clorox2 powders, Shout and Downy Softner w/ Downy ball. We did do one mid week wash session and was able to get 4 loads washed and dried in about normal time.

The kids stayed on the queen size sofa bed. They had the 54 inch TV, Great for watching Cartoon Network! They also had a VCR, DVD, 3-disc stereo in the built in entertainment unit. The master had a king bed, but not much storage space. A small closet and a small set of drawers under the 19inch TV (also a VCR). We ended up living out of the suitcases.

The in room jacuzzi is large enough for 2 adult to be side by side! Some of the 3br's have a large round one, big enough for 3 adults! The Bathroom is roomy also, with a large counter vanity, stand up shower and potty. This was the only disadvantage, just having one sitter!!
There was also a lighted sink area off the bath, in front of the jacuzzi. Both the Master BR and the living rm have a door onto a screened in porch, with a table and 4 chairs. Great for sitting out at night w/o the fear of skeeters and flying critters!

I did check out the kids programs, they are displayed on the in room channels. They have plenty of pool and group activity oppertunities.

We did attend the "timeshare" presentation just to see how much another week would be. It was reasonable so we now have two 1BR weeks and changed our base to the SeaWorld property. According to them, the ONLY way you can stay at this resort is to be a member or stay using Hilton Honor Club Points. Or have a friend that uses your "week" there. There are no "rack room rates". The best thing about it is we can pass this along to our kids as real property one day, as long as the fees are paid yearly. Exchanges are world wide, allowing for lots of vacation location ops.

We are looking forward to having enough points for the 3br penthouse next summer!!

Jacquelyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter