Just Back - "Hurry Up Boys" Trip Thoughts

DisDreaming4116

DIS Veteran
My two daughters, 10 and 4, my parents and I stayed at POR for 6 nights 7/24-7/30.

- Wow it really is hot and humid. We went last August and I had forgotten how rough it can be
- Rained every day, even 3 or 4 times most days, but you duck into an indoor attraction and it's done when you come back out
- Port Orleans Riverside is lovely. Requested and received building 34, room 3462. 2 minute walk to West Depot bus stop which was first pickup in the morning (empty and get to sit) and first drop off at night (GET MET OFF THE CROWDED, SWEATY BUS ASAP :) )
- The "Hurry Up Boys" came from my 4 year old when she was laying in the stroller and Grandpa and I had to carry it down/up the stairs at POR each morning and night. "Yes Queen".
- Toy Story Land is HOT during the day and try to eat at non-noon at Andy's Lunchbox. Not many tables and lots of stalkers waiting for a table
- Toy Story Land is AWESOME. Really enjoyed spending an hour during the day and then a few hours at night there. The wait times for Toy Story Mania are impacted positively by *** and SDD.
- Flight of Passage is still incredible
- I really love Navi River Journey
- Met a LOT of nice PhotoPass photographers. It's evident when they care how the pictures turn out and so many did this trip. Willie from Hollywood Studios was the best!
- Cast member interaction as a whole was great! Maybe it was coincidental but noticed more "experienced" cast members this trip than I ever remember in the past
- Miss the old Mousekeeping when they would have the towel animals and have the stuffed animals in the window and such. I get it's an easy way to get through the rooms quicker but still miss it.
- First Minnie Van experience was very positive. It's a nice treat to not take the bus one time and get to have a wonderful conversation with the driver.
- Wow, that Guardians of the Galaxy construction at Epcot is massive
- Longest line we waited in all trip....It's a Small World of course. My 4 year old HAD to go on when we passed by and no explanation of waiting until afternoon when I could easily get a FP+ would work. 25 minutes.
- Eating at non-typical meal times really helps everywhere. We at lunch at 3ish and dinner at 7ish most days and hardly any waiting and plenty of places to sit
- Saw HEA for first time directly behind the castle. That should NOT be done for someone's first experience of HEA but after seeing it a few times, that is quite a cool perspective
- Satuli Canteen is just the best
- Can never quite figure out how to spend a day at Epcot without walking way too much back and forth from Future World and World Showcase
- Post-Disney Depression set in bad last night and today. So hard leaving the bubble. When at WDW, we never look at the news, Twitter, ESPN, etc. and the only thing going on in the world is what we are doing.
- Dining plans may not always be cost efficient but it sure is nice to have it pre-paid so not looking at prices when deciding what to order. This is first family trip without dining plan and felt I ordered differently than I would have with the plan
- My Dad couldn't believe how much had changed since he was last there in 2009. It was cool hearing his thoughts on all the updates and improvements.

After 4 trips over the past year, my AP will expire in a month and we'll probably wait two or three years for next WDW trip and go some other places :( .

Hurry up boys, the Queen is waiting for her next trip.

[GALLERY=] [/GALLERY]

Attachments

• Family In Front of Gastons.jpg
    Family In Front of Gastons.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
That's great! I love these "just got back" topics! :)
thanks for posting!

Glad you had a great time. and I totally agree with the dining plan thing, it's not cost efficient but definitely is a blessing to not have to be looking our for prices, budgets and paying cash all the time, specially for us international travelers.

Last edited:
- Post-Disney Depression set in bad last night and today. So hard leaving the bubble. When at WDW, we never look at the news, Twitter, ESPN, etc. and the only thing going on in the world is what we are doing.

This is so true. I wonder why we ignore the news while at Disney but not on other vacations?

I enjoyed reading your "Trip Thoughts." Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. DH and I will be at WDW late Nov-early Dec 2018 and are looking forward to Toy Story Land. We want to try Woody's Lunchbox so we will try for non-meal times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter