Just Back (January 8-12)

caribbeandream

DIS Veteran
This was an almost adult trip - two middle aged sisters and one 13 yo son who is perfectly fine riding single rider line, over and over and over again.

DME - As the official chauffeur and pack mule for my family I was more than happy to let someone else drive to/from WDW/MCO. I LOVED never leaving the Disney bubble and did not miss having a car AT ALL.

MAGIC BANDS - I loved the kiosks found throughout the parks. I thought I would miss paper FP but it was so nice to be able to cancel/release FP or to make additional FP ressies w/o actually having to walk all the way to the actual ride. I did find it interesting that my 13 yo was unable to make his own solo FP ressies (I think you have to be 14 to ride solo) but he rode single rider line a LOT so it all worked out.

MK - I love parades. I love Disney parades even more. I enjoyed TMRR. I REALLY enjoyed the Muppets show at Liberty Square. Now that my son is a teen Fantasyland just does not hold the same appeal. We rode 7D and that was it in this land. We really, really, really enjoyed Tomorrowland at night, especially the dance party and riding the people mover. It's amazing how all these decades later the lines at SM have not gotten any shorter. You definitely still need a FP. We all loved Once Upon a Time and HEA. Next time I go back to MK though I'm definitely getting the fireworks dessert package.

EPCOT - I really enjoyed TT, once, but I would be perfectly fine if I never went back to FW. (My 13yo son, however, feels the opposite way.) If you have teens, riding TT during evening EMH is the way to go. (My son did it 4x in a row by doing single rider line and bypassing the whole car building experience.) I LOVE WS. Illuminations was not amazing but I'm glad we did it. However, I would never pay for a dinner package for this show. We actually rode FEA w/o FP during Illuminations (pretty quick line) and then went back to watch the show on a separate day in lieu of staying late at DHS. We arrived at the park at 8:30 and found a spot just fine. (But we also went on a relatively low crowd week.)

DHS just feels like the cheap version of Disney California Adventure. I would be perfectly fine if we never went back to this park (except to check out Toy Story Land after it opens). (Disclosure - I am not a Star Wars, princess or Disney Jr. fanatic so you can take my advice with a grain of salt.)

AK - My sister and son LOVED EE - We arrived at rope drop and they rode 4x in a row w/o FP. The Safari never gets old and it still needs a FP. The Lion King show never gets old (and we only stood in line 30 min w/o FP and still got in just fine). The street performers in AK are AMAZING.

Time to start saving/planning for the next Disney trip!

Welcome back! :)

I agree that there is absolutely no reason to pay extra to see Illuminations. There is so much room around the lagoon. And PM EMH is the way to do TT.

Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter