Just back last week from Honeymoon

Tikiman

He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e wai
You can read the trip report here:

http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?threadid=64217

I would be happy to answer all I can. We even looked into having our wedding at WDW. We sat down with a wedding coordinator and everything but we decided it would be to hard to get everyone out from California. It would have been cheaper than a California wedding.

Steve

Hi Steve ,
any chance you will be adding some pics from your wedding to your site ? Love the Poly pages . Hope to stay one day . Got a great rate for CR at Christmas though , but will have dinner at O'hana's the night we arrive ( it has become a tradition from our last two trips ).

I may add some wedding photos. I will post a link in here if I do. Have a great time at 'Ohana. I took a menu from there and will be posting it on the updated web pages.

Steve

Here are some of the wedding pictutres. We got married at the Madrona Manor in Northern California.

http://www.madronamanor.com/

Tara_1.jpg

Tara_2.jpg

Tara_4.jpg

oh steve, those pictures are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about it being cheaper to get married at wdw! we had a NY wedding!!! what we spent was outrageous! I looked into it at wdw while we were on our honeymoon! ( I know, a little too late! :))
but anyway, we're going to renew our vows at dw for our 10th anniversary!!! only 7 years to go!!! :) :) :)

You and Tara would look great up there on Sunset Point!!! :)

congratulations, and again, your wedding pics are just gorgeous!

Laura :)

I loved your photos Steve! Just gorgeous. My husband and I lived out in CA for a few years and got up to Napa and Sonoma on quite a few occasions. If we lived out there permanently we definitely would have had our wedding up there. We were living in CA when we were married in Disney though. We did have a little trouble convincing some family members to come down from NJ for our wedding. *After* the wedding, well, most of them finally *got it* and were serious Disney converts. I think many of them saw a Disney wedding as something sort of tacky perhaps? Well, since they're still talking about our wedding three years later, I guess it's safe to say that they don't feel that way any longer. Heh.

And yes, *everything* in California is expensive, and so I'm quite sure that a wedding out there would be a fortune. We're from NJ, and living back here now, but our Disney wedding cost us way more than a wedding here in Jersey would have cost us for the same number of people. We could have kept the price down, but part of the problem is that Disney can do *anything* and it's very easy to get carried away....lol!

Thanks again for sharing your photos!

Laura

Great wedding site. I'm a huge fan of N. California
Ever been to Humbolt?? ;)

Tikiman,

Thank you for the lovely report! I am honeymooning at the Polynesian in April and reading this got me so excited! I was beginning to have doubts but you changed my mind! I want everything to be perfect for our honeymoon and I just know the Polynesian will do that for us. I stayed there a few times before and never wanted to leave....We won't have the concierge, but I think we'll still have fun. I hear that you should tell the staff that you're honeymooning....I wonder if I should call ahead and request a certain room....Again, thank you for sharing!

One way the resort finds out about special occasions is if you make dinner reservations through WDW-DINE. When Tara called to make a reservation before we left last year and said it was my birthday and she told them we were staying at the Polynesian, somehow they told the Polynesian and a cake was in the room when we showed up. I would call for a reservation and have a little chat with the CM. Also if you have something special sent from the WDW florist (like a honeymoon gift basket) the Polynesian will find out when it gets delivered. Who knows what they will do when they know ahead of time. Make sure they know.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter