Just back. Not a big fan of HEA (breaks my heart!)

clutter

DIS Veteran
Just back from a FUN 3-day, 2-night trip with a college friend!

But I haven't been in a few years, and my dd21 and I kind of fell out of princess fever a few years back. We watched the fireworks from Top of the World. It was so cool - the rain stopped just in time for the fireworks.

But, am I crazy? Although the fireworks were amazing, as always, I just didn't care for the music accompanying. Later, I looked up the lyrics, and while there are some from movies I'm not familiar with, I think what I didn't like was how fast it jumped around. (Maybe I'll print out the lyrics next time so I can follow along that way.) Am I the only one?

Of course, I didn't let it ruin a spectacular show, but it doesn't make me eager to see them again.

On the other hand - we had such a fabulous trip overall! Cranky CMs? Never saw any. Ride lines were tolerable. The new Soarin' and Flight of Passage were wonderful. Flower and Garden? Just so incredibly cool. It had been a while, and I have to say - I still love it there!!!!

Glad you had a fun trip!

I think HEA is incredible from a technical perspective. The production/execution/timing is flawless. I’ve seen it from the hub once and 5 times from afar at the Poly.

But .. I don’t feel the same emotions I felt whenever I saw Wishes.

I appreciate HEA and think it’s an incredible production but I don’t adore it like I did with Wishes. It just doesn’t connect with me like Wishes did.

Thanks. At first I just assumed that it was characters I just didn't know. But then I'd hear a line or two that I knew, but that was all. Don't get me wrong, now that I've seen the lyrics, I think it's a wonderful sentiment. I've always had a hard time following unfamiliar lyrics, so I probably would have loved them if I'd pre-listened to them a few times.

And yes, technically it was spectacular. But as incredible as it is watching from Top of the World, the music is about a half-pulse off, so I also missed the wonder of the fireworks set to the music so that you felt them as well as watched them.

I know most of the characters and music, but it very fast paced for me. I have watched digitally since viewing live from the hub. It just doesn't do anything for my heart. I agree that it is an amazing production. I encourage other people to give it a try. I would rather be there than here! But it isn't a must do like wishes was. Again, change is good, and I will happily go try again from TOTW with any dvc member who will have me!

I fell in love with the song Happily Ever After right away, it is actually my ring tone on my phone. I have always loved Go The Distance from Hercules and I remember watching online that first night and I was soo excited when I heard the song coming on...they kept it in from Wishes! The HEA music also actually made me really like the song from Tangled (haven't seen the movie). I still have yet to see HEA in person but every time I watch it online I have tears by the time Tink flies.

It's a valid opinion to not care for HEA, but here's what's working against you:
It's a projection heavy show that you watched from far away
You're not familiar with a number of Disney movies, which lessens your emotional connection to it

Last edited:
Glad you had a fun trip!

I think HEA is incredible from a technical perspective. The production/execution/timing is flawless. I’ve seen it from the hub once and 5 times from afar at the Poly.

But .. I don’t feel the same emotions I felt whenever I saw Wishes.

I appreciate HEA and think it’s an incredible production but I don’t adore it like I did with Wishes. It just doesn’t connect with me like Wishes did.

Same here. I could never even think of missing
Wishes, but it would not bother me in the least to bypass HEA. Wishes tugged at my heart. HEA is a great show, but it just doesn't do it for me. I miss Jiminy Cricket.:sad:

Same here. I could never even think of missing
Wishes, but it would not bother me in the least to bypass HEA. Wishes tugged at my heart. HEA is a great show, but it just doesn't do it for me. I miss Jiminy Cricket.:sad:

Agreed. Jiminy Cricket is one of my very favorite characters. Has been since I was 2 years old and I told my parents I wanted to sleep in a matchbox just like him. :)

Loved his prominent role in Wishes (and I think this has a lot to do with why I really miss that show so much.)

I personally like HEA vastly more than wishes but that’s just me. As you said, make it into a positive and take advantage of all the short wait times! It’s Disney after all

Reactions: TAK
Having seen HEA for the first time Sunday night, I agree. We watched from a great spot in the hub so a great view of all the projections, and totally coincidentally, next to one of the young men who was on the team responsible for its production/projection. He explained to us how they did it, which was amazingly cool! I was blown away by it from a technological standpoint, but I do still prefer Wishes. My mom, however, never having seen Wishes absolutely loved it. I did like how they added in Hercules et al though! I think in the future I too may take advantage of the shorter lines during fireworks but as much as I loved Wishes, I am happy to see new entertainment being brought to the parks.

HEA is totally different from Wishes. I love the music from Wishes much more than HEA. Not a big difference in fireworks. The castle mapping is incredible!
For that reason, I enjoy HEA more. Unfortunately, its not as good from BLT or California Grill to watch as Wishes was since you can't see the mapping.
It was time for a change and I was glad to see they came up with something different and at least equally good, if not better.

I really enjoy HEA, but I knew all the songs (plus I constantly listen to the audio in my car so I am pretty familiar with it at this point). The original theme is great, but it's not my favorite of Disney's recent park efforts (I prefer Live the Magic from Disneyland Forever). I love that it includes Touch the Sky (and the Brave sequence is awesome with the arrow that shoots out is awesome), and Go the Distance is great as well, though it's not my favorite rendition of it. I really like how the new shows use the projections and do feel that HEA is a step up from Wishes in general.

Last edited:
Total opposite for me. I did not carry for Wishes at all, especially the soundtrack.

HEA makes me cry (especially the first time I saw it) and it is the most beautiful firework/projection show I've ever seen. I love all the movies featured and the music is just excellent.

ETA: HEA put Magic Kingdom back at the top of the list for favorite park.

I fell in love with the song Happily Ever After right away, it is actually my ring tone on my phone. I have always loved Go The Distance from Hercules and I remember watching online that first night and I was soo excited when I heard the song coming on...they kept it in from Wishes! The HEA music also actually made me really like the song from Tangled (haven't seen the movie). I still have yet to see HEA in person but every time I watch it online I have tears by the time Tink flies.

I was actually really annoyed that they didn't use the movie version of "Go the Distance". The words are different (the HEA version says "hero's welcome" instead of "great, warm welcome" like it is in the movie) and it threw me off when I was trying to sing along.
I do appreciate that Hunchback was included, but overall the show seems haphazardly thrown together.

I love it myself. And loved it even more when I finally got around to watching JUST the fireworks from behind the castle. No projections at all. Concentrated only on the fireworks. Gave me a new found love for the show. Not that I didn't love it with the projections too. But now I look at it like 2 completely different shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter