Just back. Not a big fan of HEA (breaks my heart!)

I do get what you're saying, that for many people it will be more enjoyable in front of the castle. For me ( and others it seems) it is definitely not more enjoyable. I did not enjoy HEA from in front of the castle, I enjoy it more from pretty much anywhere else with a decent view of the fireworks and no projections.

I think if I end up in the park during the fireworks I will try that, and go to the back of the castle. As of now I will be in the parks for 9 nights and have no plans to seek out HEA.

After watching youtube videos of it, we have no desire to see HEA at ALL. We will be doing other activities during the projection show (because that's really about all it is).

After watching youtube videos of it, we have no desire to see HEA at ALL. We will be doing other activities during the projection show (because that's really about all it is).
I'd recommend at least trying it once in person. While I instantly looooved it on video, it's a million times better live. And it's a heck of a lot more than just a projection show, so I wouldn't go in with that perspective. Having more pyro than wishes alone makes it great for me, plus all the other cool effects.

I second seeing it live *at least once*. I watched the live showing of HEA when it debuted via YouTube and.. wasn't impressed. (Loved Wishes, though never saw it live. Was very close to Remember: Dreams Come True at Disneyland)
Finally saw it when I was there in January. Came across better. Still not a huge fan, but I might check it out whenever I make it back out to Florida. Though it's still not a priority.

While wishes wowed me HEA moved me to tears. I know I probably have a conflicting opinion here but I think HEA is the hands off favorite compared to Wishes in our house.

By coincidence, our trip last year happened to be the week that Wishes ended and HEA began. We had never seen Wishes, so we saw both shows for the first time in the same week. I LOVED Wishes, and was underwhelmed by HEA. The new show just couldn’t compete with watching my 4-year-old look up at the sky and whisper an earnest wish during “Star light, Star bright...”

By coincidence, our trip last year happened to be the week that Wishes ended and HEA began. We had never seen Wishes, so we saw both shows for the first time in the same week. I LOVED Wishes, and was underwhelmed by HEA. The new show just couldn’t compete with watching my 4-year-old look up at the sky and whisper an earnest wish during “Star light, Star bright...”
That is exactly how I feel. When watching Wishes, the memory of wishes I had made in my life that had come true (particularly wishes related to my son's recovery from autism) would come flooding back to me. Meanwhile, the wishes I still had for our lives would continue to tug at me.

It was an incomparable experience of emotion that no movie montage with a politically correct "make your own happy ending" message could ever compare with.

That is exactly how I feel. When watching Wishes, the memory of wishes I had made in my life that had come true (particularly wishes related to my son's recovery from autism) would come flooding back to me. Meanwhile, the wishes I still had for our lives would continue to tug at me.

It was an incomparable experience of emotion that no movie montage with a politically correct "make your own happy ending" message could ever compare with.
In what way is "make your own happy ending" a "politically correct" message?

Why did you take issue with asking another poster to be kind, but not with their description of the show as "schizophrenic?"

:scratchin

In what way is "make your own happy ending" a "politically correct" message?

Why did you take issue with asking another poster to be kind, but not with their description of the show as "schizophrenic?"

:scratchin
Calling a show schizophrenic isn't insulting any person. You actually weren't asking her to be kind- you were trying to shame her for using the term schizophrenic.

You seem to be the type of person who uses political correctness to do "gotchas" on people (like you did to that poster before and like you just did to me in your post), so I doubt we could have a civilized debate of why HEA's message is or isn't politically correct.

The focus of this thread is Wishes and HEA, and in my post I shared my relevant personal, serious thoughts and experiences. I'm not going to participate in sidetracking the thread by continuing to debate other topics that get thrown out.

Calling a show schizophrenic isn't insulting any person. You actually weren't asking her to be kind- you were trying to shame her for using the term schizophrenic.

You seem to be the type of person who uses political correctness to do "gotchas" on people (like you did to that poster before and like you just did to me in your post), so I doubt we could have a civilized debate of why HEA's message is or isn't politically correct.

The focus of this thread is Wishes and HEA, and in my post I shared my relevant personal, serious thoughts and experiences. I'm not going to participate in sidetracking the thread by continuing to debate other topics that get thrown out.
A show cannot be "schizophrenic." A show cannot have a mental illness. Even if it could, the statement just doesn't make sense. Schizophrenia doesn't have anything to do with jumping around from one thing to the other.

The message of "go out and find your happily ever after" has nothing more or less to do with being "politically correct" than the message of "make a wish." It's just a different message.

It's like people throw out these terms/buzzwords without really understanding what they mean or how to use them.

We saw HEA in January and loved it. We returned in April with another couple, we waited for 45 minutes for HEA and I could see our friend was politely waiting but probably would not have waited on his own. When HEA was over he told my husband and I thank god we waited it was wonderful and wished we had another night to see it again. I think seeing it in person is very different then on video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter