Just back--our take on it

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
Did ASM on Sat. the 13th then moved to BWV on Sun. thru Fri. Did the DDP for the first time w/DH,DD1 &DD4. Haven't figured out the bottom line yet (tried to keep up w/receipts) but do have some feedback. First, it really does take some planning, which we aren't use to since we usually go at non busy times. W/little ones it was more difficult because we thought we were going somewhere but one was napping & we didn't want to wake her so we didn't make the ADR we had made. We did do some things we normally wouldn't, Princess Dinner, Alfredo's, LeCell for dinner (usually just do lunch). We checked in at BWV@9am so DP started then--we immediately used it at the bakery for SC/breakfast. Had family here for part of trip which is main reason we chose to do DP since they had never been & wanted to do some special meals.

SInce we are DVC, we usually eat breakfast in room. Used SC for BWbakery items for breakfast a couple of days. Ended up on last day w/1TS(had split meal at ESPN); 3 CS (again, split w/DDs) & 4 SC. Since I'm frugal & didn't want to waste, I was the early riser so I took DD1 to TSbreakfast at Spoodles (spent $26 as I got the steak added). DH went to MGM for Star Wars & ate CS breakfast; I took DD4 to DD & got breakfast for her at EarlofS& got sandwich to take in car & 4 brownies/cookies.

Are going back in Oct & plan to do DP again since I think we'll be able to use the SC's for F&W. I don't know that I'd do it every trip--there were some pros & some cons but all in all it was nice to have--just have to plan what park/meals more than I thought. Keeping this in mind will make it easier--we're park hoppers too so it helped. Would liked to have done more CS at Epcot but our schedules didn't work that way this trip.

PS--frozen lemonade & smoothies at MGM/R&rcoaster were great snacks!

Thanks for sharing, especially since you were DVC. You might also share this on the DVC planning forum, as I know many members are still trying to decide if it will fit the plans of most DVCers.

I think many have concerns of it been too time consuming, not allowing for flexibility with young children, as you said naps, etc.

I mean getting ready for a TS meal, getting there, eating the meal, is very time consuming and when you start doing that almost daily, it can really eat up your park time.

Another bonus for DVC point ressies is that they don't charge you tax on the DDP that cash ressies are charged. At least, that's what happened to us at SSR 5/3-5/8!

First visit to spoodles & it was a good breakfast...would I do it again??? Maybe the breakfast bar if I had a TS to use & didn't want a Character meal. Very little people in there @8am for breakfast & it was definitely a step above the character meal food.

Don't know about dinner--planning on trying it in OCTR>

Hi ... thank you for the reviews. I am thinking about doing breakfast at Spoodles with my dh. I am not a breakfast person but my dh definitely is - so my questions is, if we use a TS credit there, what can we get/choose? Except for a character breakfast, have not really done any other. Thank you for your help :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I have a frittata (sp)--basically an opened faced omlette w/cheese. It came w/potatoes & a croissant. I added the 6 oz sirloin ($6) since I was on DP. I was w/DD1 so I wanted to order off the menu. They had a big breakfast w/all the regulars/mickey waffles & the bar. A couple of other items too--typical breakfast fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter