Just Back~Part 2~DL/EE/PRINCESS BREAKFAST/RIDES/LINES

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
DISNEYLAND/EARLY ENTRY: Used our EE Wednesday (due to the conflict above). It was SO nice. No crowds at all. Main Street was SO peaceful. We never saw the park that way again! We rode Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Carousel, Buzz (we literally WALKED on…NO LINE and that was after 8am.) And at 8:30am went to the Plaza Inn for the Princess Breakfast. We were an hour late but still got in VERY quickly. This is a GREAT feature so take advantage of it if you have it! (cont. below)

ROYAL PRINCESS BREAKFAST: (cont. from above) We had outside seating and honestly I don’t know what the “outside seating” fuss was all about. ALL the characters came outside to make rounds and we caught Belle inside JUST after a break so we walked RIGHT UP TO HER! The cast members that helped with character crowd control were helpful and kind. I actually liked it and so did Jocelyn, in fact the next morning she got up and asked if we were having breakfast with the princesses again  Like all the other posts Belle and Beast stayed in one place and kids lined up for signatures and pictures. We saw Fairy God Mother, Bert, Aurora, Pluto, Cinderella, and Aladdin (who was SO kind, talked to Jocelyn FOREVER) and gave her detailed directions to Ariel’s Shell where we could meet her! The food was SO good and we didn’t have to eat until later that afternoon  I would SO do this again, but again would get there early between 7 and 8am in order to beat the crowds. As we were leaving it was getting a little crazy and the food lines were longer!

RIDES/LINES:
We did Peter Pan 5 times (never longer than 30 minutes)
Dumbo on our EE day and it was only about a 5 minute wait.
Carousel had little wait at any time.
Tea cups and Small World 2 times each and both times there were NO LINE!
Buzz 4 times: USE FAST PASSES and EE otherwise it’s a wait.
Toon Town: DO THIS IN THE MORNING!!!! We did and still waited in lines for Mickey and Minnie’s House to sign books and take pictures (about 30 minutes each). Food lines were just as bad!!!!! Goofy’s Bounce House never had more than a 3 minute wait and did that 3 times.
Splash Mountain was CRAZY BUSY!! Even with FP it’s a mess. Getting there early one morning is a MUST!!
Pirates we did one morning about 10am and the line was only about 12 minutes but longer as the day went on.
Winnie the Pooh we did right after Pirates and the line was short and the ride cute 
Tarzan Tree House: Great for the kids, my 4 year old LOVED it and no line!
Jungle Cruise: We went after the noon hour and spent a little more time in line than we should have but it went quick!
Train around the park had little lines and wait times.

The faster popular rides had longer lines of course but take advantage of FP, riding those early in the morning, EE, and single rider lines. If you do that with a 3 day trip you’ll get on everything just fine!

honestly I don’t know what the “outside seating” fuss was all about.
The fuss was that a number of posters here did this breakfast with outside seating and got ignored by most of the characters they knew were inside. Glad to hear this has now been rectified (we got inside seating and loved it).

I have to admit we were the first of about 10 familes seated outside (pretty early) but really I was impressed by how the characters came around to us.

I was up with child in hand and ready to get in line due to the posts I'd read but was assured that the characters would come to our table!

I watched as EACH character made the same round, one after the other. I think like many others have said getting there between 7 and 8 is KEY!! I would NEVER do the breakfast later!!

Mom2Joce, it's probably been explained before, but would you mind telling me just how you got lined up with the princess breakfast? Is there a phone number, or do you have to purchase it as part of a package, or...?

This sounds like something my 9 yo daughter would just love when we go in August. Thanks for any tips!

You just book it through Disney dining like all character meals - up to 60 days out. Details here - http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...ining/detail?name=PlazaInnBreakfastDiningPage

As mentioned make sure you get the earliest possible seating to ensure you get decent food, service and characters - the later in the day the worse all 3 seem to become.

http://www.ballofdirt.com/entries/5333/35515.html has my report of our Princess Breakfast, along with pictures.

My girls - 9 and 6 - absolutely loved it.

Thanks for the info. Your review is one of the few positive ones I've read concerning the Princess Breakfast. Sounds like you had a great trip!

Not a problem at all. You can call the "dine line" 714-781-3463 or the folks at the vacation planning number 714-300-7526 are very helpful and can not only place your priority seating!!

Again, being there early between 7:30 and 8:00am to get started really is the best and will give you the best experience. I didn't go in with unrealistic expectations, my daughter was NOT the only "princess" there who wanted to meet the characters! In fact I think there was one character there that I caught a glimps of but that didn't get to our table but that was ok! We saw many and that was just fine!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter