Just back...quick review

weeniecat2442

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!
Just got back on Saturday from a week (10/3-10/10) stay at the Boardwalk Inn. It was an adult ladies trip including myself, mom, aunt and cousin. We stayed in a Deluxe Concierge Level room with the Deluxe Dining Plan. We had an INCREDIBLE trip and just wanted to share a few thoughts.

This was my third stay at the BWI and 2nd doing CL. Our room was quite big and they were able to accommodate our request for a large balcony. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the Boardwalk, right above the Seashore Sweet's sign. We spent a lot of time out there enjoying cocktails from the lounge and people watching. We were able to enjoy the performers as well. Some people have complained about Boardwalk noise but we had no issues with it.
We spent a lot of time in the lounge this trip. The CM's were awesome, especially Pete who took amazing care of us all week. We have been to the parks many times so it was really nice to just relax and enjoy the resort this trip. We spent one evening in the lounge with some wine, cheese & crackers watching Nemo on their fantastic TV. We then ordered room service (included with our DDP) and rented Frozen from the Community Hall and watched in bed.
I love being so close to Epcot and HS. It was great to either walk or take the boat. We swam in the quiet pool mostly but did take a few spins down the clown slide.

I planned the trip and had warned everyone that we may have issues with the MDE app, magicbands, our room not being ready etc. Well, I was wrong. Our magicbands worked perfectly the entire trip, using the app to change ADR's and fastpasses on the fly was awesome. Our room was ready when we got to the resort around noon. The only thing worth mentioning that was not outstanding was that mousekeeping missed our room twice. They were up and cleaning it about 5 minutes after the call which was fine with me- my mom on the other hand was bothered by this.

Crowds were decent in the morning. We hit up MK for rope drop (my first time ever in about 20 trips!). It was so quiet that we were able to ride a bunch of the big ones right away.
Epcot on the weekends was another story. This was our first F&W and it was a lot of fun. Thankfully we waited to try out the booths on a Wednesday night but we did walk through the park to get to the monorail on a Saturday night and WOW! SO MANY PEOPLE.

We ate...a LOT! We spent a full day sampling the booths at Epcot and had a lot of fun. Our meals included Boardwalk Bakery, California Grill while enjoying Wishes outside, Sci-Fi Lunch, Artist Point dinner (one of our favorites!), Kona Cafe late breakfast (our first time here and we all loved it). We did this ADR at 11:05 after hitting rope drop at MK. It worked perfectly to beat the crowds, and head over for a late breakfast via boat to the Poly. Dinner at Jiko (our least favorite), character breakfast at Tusker House, lunch at The Boathouse (awesome!) and a final dinner at Chefs de France. Most of our breakfasts were eaten in the lounge. We also did a monorail bar hop our first night starting at the Poly, GF and ending at the Contemporary where we had dinner ADRs.

We spent a lot of time at Disney Springs. We went for lunch one day and went back the following day for shopping. It was a really fun day and I think they are doing a great job building it up. We enjoyed cocktails and snacks at Jock Lindsays as well!

We also used Uber a LOT. We had to take one taxi cab and it was so much more expensive and the driver was not friendly. Uber was cheap, reliable and always friendly. Definitely a great time saver when heading to dinners at different resorts.

The weather was pretty much perfect. We had one day where it rained a bit but no big deal. It was high 80s and sunny.

The trip was a blast! We had a lot of laughs- Disney is fun as an adult too!
If anyone has any questions on restaurants etc ask away!
I am now in my Disney withdrawal phase....

Thanks for the report and info on Uber, I have been researching this for our next trip and plan to try it out.

What a great week. Your the second person who has said good things about Uber. May try them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter