• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back-Quick Reviews, Tips and Final Thoughts

Alessandra Gabriel

Mouseketeer
We just got back from our magical 7 day trip to the world. It sucks getting back to reality! Overall, we had a fantastic time. Here is a quick recap of our trip:

Our Resort-Bay Lake Towers-MK View Room
LOVED this resort! First of all the smell of the lobby is just fantastic. Staff was very friendly, we had no issues getting our magic bands to work and bell services qiuickly brought our checked bags to our room once it was ready. The view from our room was just fabulous. We were on the 12th floor, and could clearly see the castle and space mountain from our balcony. The walk to MK was alone worth every single cent. It took us five minutes to walk to MK-best perk of this resort.

FP+-LOVED!! Doing your research and planning your FP for the busiest times of the day will be your best bet for properly utilizing this system. I had muliple FP for Mine Train, Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain, which worked out so well for us since Mine Train always had at least a 50 min wait . We tried booking our 4th FP from our phone with no luck, but we used the kiosks with no issues at all. The lines werent bad at all and we were still able to snag some FP for Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain at 7 at night.

Food-best snack we had was LeFou's Brew. It was so refreshing and delicious. Also had the nutella waffle sandwich which was so yummy! We ate at Cinderalla's Royal Table-great experience and the food was delicious! Also had ressies at Be Our Guest-great food, beautiful on the inside and those cupcakes-amazing!!! Triple Chocolate was to die for! Columbia Harbor House lived up to its hype-eat upstairs, great view of the park and very quiet. Pecos Bill-eh I could have lived with our eating here-very unorganized, chaotic, and the food was not that great. Chef Mickeys-ate here for breakfast, DD loved it and for the experience it was great, a little hectic but worth seeing DD so happy. Via Napoli-wonderful. Carciofi pizza was fantastic! DH and I devoured a large pizza. Les Halles-OMG so yummy!! DD got a chocolate filled donut and it was the best thing ever!

Crowds- For the majority of our trip the crowds were very light, by the end of the week we saw an influx of high school marching bands and school groups. But even with the increased crowd levels by the end of the week, we were still able to ride everything we wanted to and never waited more than 20 mins in line. FP+ definitely helped out majorly with this.

24 hour day- To be honest, I never really saw anything special around the park for this day, I was expecting to at least see some more decorations or fun picture spots. It was neat so see some poeple dress up but there still wasnt much going on. We got to MK around 8am that day and were able to ride all of our top choices many times all before it got crowded around lunch time. By the end of the day there were definitely a lot of people in MK which was to be expected. We left around 11pm, I really wanted to watch the Frozen pre parade which was supposed to start around 10:45 but due to lightning and thunder it was being delayed and we did not feel like staying so unfortunately we missed it. Leaving the park that night proved to be quite difficult-there were lots of people trying to leave while thousands of people were trying to enter MK. There was quite a traffic jam at the entrance of MK. I was disappointed that our last night ended on the 24 hour day-way too many people and I felt like we didnt get to say our proper goodbye to the park like we normally do because of all the craziness.

BBB-best $60 I have ever spent.

We had a great trip! After our first day I was already planning our next trip. It still amazes me that most people do NOT plan or reserach anything about Disney. I couldnt even tell you guys how many times I over heard people complaining about not being able to get into TS restaurants with no ressies, or the families that were just shocked that they couldnt get their child into BBB with NO ressies, or the poeple who had NO clue what a FP was. There are Disney people and non disney people, and we are Disney people-always will be!

Cant wait to go back to our happy place!

Oh and I forgot to add that Memory Maker is worth the money! We have well over 500 pictures along with some video clips that were taken on Mine Train and Tower of Terror-absolutely priceless seeing video of DD on the Mine Train! We will definitely be purchasing Memory Maker on all of our future trips. We had some really cool magic shots taken too.

sounds like a wonderful trip :smickey: so glad you had a lovely time!

Sounds like it was a fantastic trip! I agree, getting back to normal life after vacation kinda stinks...we got back May 13th and I felt the same way for a few days until I started planning for our next adventure! When we were there I could totally pick out the Disney vs non-Disney people :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter