• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back - Quick SSR Trip

Glorydaz

"with this ring, I ask you to be mine" 10.31.07
just a short post - got back late last night.

Requested a 1 bedroom in Congress Park, confirmed the day before arrival. We got in late (11:30pm) and had room as requested. Nice, smelled slightly smokey(??), went to pour a drink - one of the wine glasses had a huge piece missing - thank God my fiance stopped me before I took a drink! Had the dining plan - worked fabulous this time! We saved a couple of counter meals and had the chef at Artist palette wrap 2 sandwiches to go - we ate them on the plane ride home last night - also got 2 great cookies with our last snack credits - smart planning this time!

Bus transportation was fine - we actually had fun planning how to get to the GF and back without going crazy : bus to MK, boat to GF, monorail back to MK and bus back to SSR :thumbsup2 lots of fun!! bus service was excellent as far as timing - never waited longer than 10 minutes - only complaint is we had a couple of bus drivers who were seriously in need of some "magic" - they spoke not one word to any of the passengers - used the recorded tape to announce stops - no hello, no goodbye - quite surly in fact :sad2:

the pool was nice - LOTS of those "lovebugs" - couldn't stay out long - we also stopped at the arcade to play some air hockey - lots of fun but it should be free! ( just my opinion) ....we had room 2645 in Congress Park - great view of DTD..about a 5 minute stroll to the main building for breakfast. Everything worked well in our room - no complaints besides the glass. Used express check-out, the bill was correct. No problem with dining credits - no mistakes. We used SUNRAY towncar service ( 4th trip) and that was perfect as well - Bob was our driver both ways. We like not going to the airport 3 hours early to wait for our plane!:rotfl:

Going back in December..very much looking forward to it!

Michelle:cloud9:

bus transportation - I miss the older drivers too.

the new ones need all the help they can get. the tape is surpose to help them?

they are also surpose to be on that system that if they start to get lost - a controller will contact them.

Thanks for letting us know how your trip went. I must admit I wouldn't be impressed with surly bus drivers. Isn't everyone at WDW supposed to be happy :confused3

bus transportation - I miss the older drivers too.

the new ones need all the help they can get. the tape is surpose to help them?

they are also surpose to be on that system that if they start to get lost - a controller will contact them.

with our 2nd not so happy driver, I started to think maybe he didn't have a great command of the english language. when he drove us to DTD ( bus full of people) - he did not stop at the normal drop off point - in fact he went all the way to the end of the run and opened the doors there! also never told guests what stop to pick up the return bus - quite a few puzzled faces at that one. now, I realize that regulars know what to look for but many people don't...maybe he was just a newbie , maybe he was a tad lost......

Thanks for letting us know how your trip went. I must admit I wouldn't be impressed with surly bus drivers. Isn't everyone at WDW supposed to be happy :confused3

Yeah. They get happy pills with their morning coffee. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter