Just back review: Liberty Tree, Chef Mickey's, Donald's

FOV

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a WONDERFUL trip to WDW. Traveling were me, dh, my parents and our 3 children ages 4, 6 & 9.

We did 3 character meals:

Liberty Tree Tavern - this was our first time here and we are so glad we tried it! It was nice that they serve family style instead of buffet because after a long day at the park we were all happy to sit down and be waited on! Our ps was for 7:40pm and we were seated after a 10 minute wait. This restaurant was sold out for the entire day so a ps was necessary.

The characters were very attentive and playful. Pluto was being chased around the restaurant by Chip and Dale to the delight of all the children. They even played in the lobby/waiting area with each other (Pluto rolling around on the floor, Chip and Dale pulling his tail etc....) We gave the meal and character interaction a perfect 10! Our favorite this trip.

Chef Mickey's - we never come to Disney without eating here. We celebrated my 4 y/o's birthday here this trip and it did not disappoint. Character interaction was good but not as attentive as at LTT - probably because it is a bigger restaurant with lots more people. We come here for the festive/wild atmosphere. Our ps was for 7:30pm. Our waitress (Jennifer) was one of the best I have ever had anywhere. She should be serving at Victoria and Alberts!!! My coffee was always full, dirty dishes were cleared away immediately and she briefed all the characters about ds's 4th b-day.

Fun time, great service but very expensive for the quality of the food - but we don't come here for the food. I give our overall experience a 7 out of 10. We will continue to have one meal here each trip.

Donalds Breakfastosaurus - Our least favorite this trip but still fun and we were glad we came. We had the breakfast buffet 10:40am seating. We waited 20 minutes for our table even though the restaurant was only half full. They must have had a shortage of staff. The buffet was just okay but we all left full and happy. The kids were thrilled they had chocolate chip pancakes and krispy kreme donuts.

This was our second time coming here and would go again just because it is a nice break from AK. The RFC looks nice but we have one of those near our house so it isn't as special - plus my kids really enjoy dining with the characters.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Which characters were at Donald's Breakfastosauras? Thinking about doing this one but haven't quite decided yet. Also, where is it located in AK?

Thanks,
Kim

Thanks for sharing! We're trying Liberty Tree Tavern for the 1st time this next trip - can't believe we haven't done it before! I've heard many good things about it; nice to hear another good review!

Chef Mickey's is a favorite of ours. I've heard several less than flattering remarks about it lately, but I know it won't disappoint either!

We also tried Donald's this past July for the 1st time. The food was "just OK" but our server made the whole experience memorable. He suggested pictures of myself, DH & DD with each character - he always grabbed the camera away from me and took some great family/character pictures!

Laura

Originally posted by Cleokitty
Which characters were at Donald's Breakfastosauras? Thinking about doing this one but haven't quite decided yet. Also, where is it located in AK?
We saw Donald, Mickey, Goofy and Pluto - all in their safari attire.

The restaurant is located in Dinoland - near Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl and the Tarzan Rocks show.

Originally posted by RachelTori
Thanks for sharing! We're trying Liberty Tree Tavern for the 1st time this next trip - can't believe we haven't done it before! I've heard many good things about it; nice to hear another good review!
I am glad you are trying it this trip - it was so much fun!!! The food is good too. We had family style salad, ham, flank steak, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mac 'n cheese, biscuits and honey butter. Dessert was a delicious apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. I could have lived on the salad - whatever dressing they used was great!

Chef Mickey's is a favorite of ours. I've heard several less than flattering remarks about it lately, but I know it won't disappoint either!
Chef Mickeys *is* Disney to our kids. You just can't beat the monorail zooming by, the napkin twirling, utter chaos lol!

We also tried Donald's this past July for the 1st time. The food was "just OK" but our server made the whole experience memorable. He suggested pictures of myself, DH & DD with each character - he always grabbed the camera away from me and took some great family/character pictures!
It is hard to have a "bad" character meal at Disney! If the food is not quite the best the service and/or characters usually make up for it! I found the cm's to be especially nice this trip - they were truly trying to make every moment magical. Can't wait to go back!

We're doing LTT for dd's 5th birthday. We were just there for dinner in August, and it was wonderful! Looking forward to another great dinner there.

We're celebrating DH's birthday at LTT in Dec. It's great to see so many good reviews. We ate there once, and I wasn't that crazy about the food, but loved the atmosphere. I'm looking forward to giving it another try.

Thanks for your reviews! :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We were thinking of trying LTT this trip. After reading your review, it is a must do. What characters were at the meal?

Thanks

zippehsmom:D

Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale. And they have always spent TONS of time with my kids playing and such!

This has always been by far our favorite character meal! My girls are "too old" for character meals anymore, but when I ask them which restaurant they want to go to in MK, they can't decide between the Castle and LTT. So, this year, we're doing both!!!:teeth: I can't wait to embarrass them with the characters!!:earseek:

Kim:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter