Just back... things that worked for us

Disnut

Earning My Ears
I overpacked and didn't use half the stuff I brought!

Things that worked best for us:

most used, most valuable item: Fanny Pack!
best park techniques: fast pass and e-night
best value: resort mug with free refills
best restaurant: all we visited were mediocre, but Kona did
have great desserts!
surprise to us: we went to fantasmic (no dinner pkg)
at 8pm and had no trouble finding a seat

Things I shouldn't have packed ( I know others use these
things extensively, but we just never needed them)

misty mate
walkie-talkies
water shoes

What I wish I had brought, but didn't:

an extra bag to carry souveniers...we had extra room in
our bags but it wasn't enough

Great tips- I have to agree that I also didn't use half of what I packed. I also had to buy an extra bag to bring home all of my sovinears!

Grover in Winnipeg
:smooth: :smooth:

Great tips! Thanks so much for posting. :D

We drove so bags were not an issue. But I still overpacked. I had read about needing extra shoes in case your sneakers got wet on a ride (never happened). I ended up bringing home 2 suitcases of clean clothes. I also did 3 loads of wash at the Poly one day (only took 1 1/2 hours). It was definitely worth it. Next time I'll take half the clothes I think I'll need and then do wash. We did use our water shoes because we went to Blizzard Beach. I also packed beach towels which we only used at the water parks. But I packed 10 (2 for each of us). MUCH to MUCH! We packed our Brita Sports Bottles which were GREAT because we just refilled them in the parks. If I think of anyother great tips, I'll be sure to post.

TOO, many clothes. Yeah, been there done that. What I do now, whether I go by Car, Train or Plane is lay out my stuff 2 weeks before we're to leave and each day I go and remove something I know I won't need and place it in another pile. Yuo'ld be surprised at the stuff you'll leave behind and still have things come home clean. It's also easier lugging lighter and smaller bags than all that crap you don't need.

No extra charge for the extra bag because we didn't go over the limit which
I think is 2 bags per person (not including carry-ons).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter