Just back thoughts and observations....

kimiel13

Earning My Ears
Dates: June 12-20, 2018

Hotel: Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed here two years ago in Magnolia Bend (Royal Room) and loved it. This time we chose the Alligator Bayou, and did not love it as much. We were deep in "the bayou" (building 34), and were surrounded by many half drained, smelly water areas. One day the men were working in there shoveling up some sort of sludge, and it smelled like something died. However the room was very nice! :) Also took the gift card ($70) over room service, and it was great. They brought towels and shampoo/conditioner whenever we asked! Food court food was very good, especially the create your own pasta bar. My girls were disappointed in the fact that the staff no longer sings the "Down by the Riverside" song randomly while dining...Love the pool area, spent many days and night there and the girls loved all of the games and contests they offered. Ate at Boatwright's 2x, food was always good actually, but the staff was lacking.

Magic Bands: Worked great the entire trip, no issues.

Parks: Went to all 4, some 2x......Flight of Passage was awesome (had a fast pass), Tried to see the Star Lord and Gamora show at Epcot, but it got called for an incoming storm....ummm......any questions you have about parks, feel free to ask me!! :)

Food: We were on the dining plan and ate at the previously mentioned Boatwright's, Via Napoli, Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi Dine In, Boma (we were chosen as family of the day so that was fun), and 'Ohana (dinner). Had a Be Our Guest reservation on our last day but cancelled due to the park being sooooo crowded, decided to leave after our fast passes and go swim..Please let me know if you have questions about any of these restaurants! :)

Anything else you want to know, let me know! Still recovering and brain not entirely working properly lol...

Sounds like everything basically went well for you. I am sorry to hear the room at Alligator Bayou. We stayed in the exact building about 5 years ago and totally loved. It was out of the way and quiet but we didn't have any bad smell.

Sounds like everything basically went well for you. I am sorry to hear the room at Alligator Bayou. We stayed in the exact building about 5 years ago and totally loved. It was out of the way and quiet but we didn't have any bad smell.
It absolutely did! We has an amazing time and can't wait to go back! I think we were just there at an unfortunate time of maintenance or something (with the hotel)...we also loved that we were right by the West Depot bus stop - huge plus!!

How were the restaurants? I love Boma and we did Via Napoli once but haven't done too many of the others. So I'm curious which were your favorites.

How were the restaurants? I love Boma and we did Via Napoli once but haven't done too many of the others. So I'm curious which were your favorites.
Sci-Fi was cute for the kids, but the food is a "whatever"..not anything amazing, but not bad at all! Crystal Palace was great food for a character buffet, and 'Ohana was our favorite dinner...the food was delicious, and the service was great, kids loved the coconut races, but we did feel a bit rushed as has been mentioned on the boards here. Still eating apps and here comes the main course..And yes...Boma was delicious!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter