• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back - Vistana Villages

ljsmom

Mouseketeer
I just returned from 8 days at the Vistana Villages and would be happy to answer any questions.

What's the drive like to the parks...do you have to travel on I4 or is there a less busy way?

You do not have to travel on I4. Just take International Drive about 1 mile south to World Center Drive, make a right and continue to WDW. No longer than 10 - 15 minute drive, if that.

Are you going to do a trip report or a mini review of the resort? I'd love to hear about your trip/stay.
Jenn

We have a week at Vistana Villages in March, 2002, with my folks. My three sons, ages 11, 10, and 7 are looking forward to their first trip to Florida. How are the pools? Is there anything good for kids their ages?

We arrive there this Friday! Is it on the right or left side of I-drive, if you are driving North, returning from WDW? Was there a CD player in your unit? Were you pleased with the quality of this resort? Were there Fitted sheets on the beds? Thanks in advance!

There were at least two pools. One medium sized, round ~4 ft. and one very large free form(similar to the Marriott Orlando World Center) with zero entry. The shallow end had a fountain which my two year old loved. I believe there was a hot tub or jacuzzi too, but we did not use them. There was a nice playground not far from the pool.

There was an activities calendar with some fun arts & crafts activities as well as ice cream sundae making and water fitness classes. For some of these activities additional feels were charged. I did not participate in any so I cannot comment on how good they were.

When you are driving north on IDrive (from the parks) the V V is on the right side of the road just past a factory outlet mall which is on the left.

There is a CD Player in the unit.

We were very pleased with the quality of the entire resort. The convenience store could have been a little better in terms of variety, but it was really not too bad. There is a Publix nearby (5 minutes) if you need anything.

The beds did not have fitted sheets.

Keep the questions coming. I am happy to answer.

Thanks so much for the information! I thought it was on the right side of the road, but when I checked on Mapquest and on the rci website, it showed it on the left side of the road.. I was beginning to think I had "investigated" the wrong resort on my last trip! Whew! And, dang it! I just hate not having fitted sheet. I guess I'll be bringing along my "travel king" ! It will be nice to be able to bring along some CD's now that I know they have it too! Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter