• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back with Some Tips!

Pollyann

Mouseketeer
We just came back from a very quick trip to WDW. (5-6-02 til 5-09-02). While things are still fresh in my head I'd like to offer my tips from this experience.
1. We used Delta airlines from PHL to CVG to MCO. Delta was great - Philadelphia airport was not. In the past I have flown from smaller airports and have liked them better. I would have to say that everyone from the flight attendants to the other passengers were very nice. There were five adults and five chlidren under 8 in our party and everyone was helpful to us except at the PHL airport.
2. Yourride was great.
3. We stayed at ASMO. Some tips on check-in: 1) Do not put all of your reservations in one name if you are staying in a group. The CM checking us in was great but it was confusing with all rooms in one name. 2) Be sure to ask for any special requests at check in and keep reminding the CM of your requests. In the hustle and bustle of checking in, if i did not keep reminding the CM of our requests (extra towels, hair dryers, late check out) I think he would have forgotten them. 3) let your young children run around in the lobby (it's a great release of energy for them!)
4. We had preferred rooms at ASMO. They were really good (Fantasia 5755, 5756, 5757). It looked like other Fantasia rooms would also be great and so would some of the Dalmation rooms.
5. Get the Mickey wake up call. My kids went nuts over it.
6. Get the refillable mugs. Even though we are not big on soda these mugs were great for coffee, water and for keeping any other beverages cold.
7. Really enjoy your resort. We did. We walked all around ASMO, got great pictures, used both pools, enjoyed the Love Bug fountains, went to the playground. The food court food was really pretty good (though pricey). The gift shop seemed to have a lot of the merchandise I found in other shops (and it was much more convenient).
8. We took advantage of the Yourride grocery stop (Publix). The foam cooler worked well and was not a pain in the neck. Having milk, water, beer and some snacks on hand was convenient.
9. Don't go out of your way to hit the Character Caravan. It was crowded and we were herded through it like cattle. It was not the best character experience.
10. On the other hand, we found that at 9 am in the parks you can greet the characters without too much of a line or wait. Also, Character Breakfasts are always great. We ate at the Crystal Palace. the food was good (I was surprised) and the characters were plentiful! (the Pooh gang). But do not go to this breakfast if you like wide open spaces - we were jammed in!
11. Do Downtown Disney! It's a nice not crowded experience. Rent a boat to drive around in the lagoon (but try not to crash - we did and got lots of stares and laughs!)
12. Be prepared to walk in the Animal Kingdom!
13. Epcot was great from 8pm to 9pm - I guess everyone else was staking out their Illuminations spots while we were the only people in Innoventions! The fireworks still looked great from right out side Mousegears and we were the first bus back to ASMO.
14. Speaking of buses, use them! We found them to be extremely efficient and convenient. There were a toltal of 14 in our party and the buses allowed us to split up easily if we wanted to.
15. Be prepared for heat - 90 degrees is hot! I think I will plan a winter trip next time. We had a great time but the kids (and myself) wanted to swim a lot of the time away!
16. Tip the mousekeeper. - she was so grateful.
I'll type some more tips when I think of them!

Great tips Pollyann, I'm adding them to my collection.

Steven

Pollyann, We are just back from ASmo as well: May 5 - May 11.........I have to say that all of your tips are right on! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Great tips! Although I always stay off site, I'll pass these along to my sister who is going to stay onsite(CBR, but alot of your tips carry over) :p

How did you remind the CM about giving you extra towels in the room?Did you leave a note or have to call everyday?

Thanks for the tips..can never have too many!

dbail2
I called every time I needed more towels - and within 10 minutes a CM would be there with them!

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for posting your tips/reccomendations. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter