Just back !

chicago641

Mouseketeer
Our family of Disney fan's visited HK park over Easter weekend. Not very crowed by Orlando standards! very small park, kinda lacking Disney magic and culture...but if thats all you have near by... Enjoy!

I would be happy to answer any questions.

is it worth a day visit - not sure whether to go or not?

is there kool merch and plenty to choose from like in WDW?

The merchandise is mostely Disney items from Orlando or any Disney store. There were a few items that had Hong Kong on them.

Im on the fence about on if it is worth a visit.

Im a really big fan of all things Disney, so I felt like I needed to see it as I was in Hong Kong anways. that being said, the Park was a real let down. As I mentioned in my post, there was no MAGIC, and that is something hard to define. The cast members are just employees going through the motions, the park does not sparkle, no music in the back ground, no blinking lights, no...spark at all.

The park is small, the rides are abbreviated versions of other parks.

I wish I could explain this better.

The merchandise is mostely Disney items from Orlando or any Disney store. There were a few items that had Hong Kong on them.

Im on the fence about on if it is worth a visit.

Im a really big fan of all things Disney, so I felt like I needed to see it as I was in Hong Kong anways. that being said, the Park was a real let down. As I mentioned in my post, there was no MAGIC, and that is something hard to define. The cast members are just employees going through the motions, the park does not sparkle, no music in the back ground, no blinking lights, no...spark at all.

The park is small, the rides are abbreviated versions of other parks.

I wish I could explain this better.

I disagree, especially about the rides, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Jungle Cruise, Its a Small World are all better than their WDW versions IMO.

Crhis Fl, I would love to hear your opion regarding the " Magic". I really struggled trying to explain this. Maybe you had a better expierence.

so they only mainly have orlando merch??

that ain't good - if i am going all the way then i want merch that you can't get in the States and that says Hong Kong on it.

don't they play music in the different lands?

Crhis Fl, I would love to hear your opion regarding the " Magic". I really struggled trying to explain this. Maybe you had a better expierence.

Magic is what you make it. I met some great CM's there and didn't notice any problems, even though I went on Chinese New Year and the place was quite crowded.

They had lots of great displays set up for the holiday, the parade floats were very nice, we got a free red envelope as we arrived with a gold coin mickey chocolate inside! There was also some cool live things like traditional tiger dances.

Maybe it felt more special because it was China's biggest holiday, but I had a great time.

due to volcanic ash my hong kong trip and australia is cancelled.

perhaps i will see HK another time.

Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Jungle Cruise, Its a Small World are all better than their WDW versions IMO.

While the park is small, I agree with the above statement, and would add Autopia to the list. I also very much enjoyed the shows: The Golden Mickeys and The Festival of the Lion King. Also the fireworks and parades. (I was there at Halloween time.)

While the park is small, I agree with the above statement, and would add Autopia to the list. I also very much enjoyed the shows: The Golden Mickeys and The Festival of the Lion King. Also the fireworks and parades. (I was there at Halloween time.)
Have you been on a cruise? Are you able to compare Golden Mickeys Cruise vs Golden Mickeys HKDL

I haven't been to HKDL yet but I have been to all the other parks and I think the experience can be affected by what you expect going in. I was excited about going to Paris but I didn't expect much from the Studios...
But the Studios are amazing...and wonderful...and so much fun.
But I would also say that they didn't have the "magic" you are describing. Tokyo also doesn't have the same kind of magic as WDW or DL...but it has a special magic emanating from the rides and attractions because the Imagineers were allowed to go NUTS in building it.

I think I have a pretty realistic approach to what I should expect so I don't think I will be disappointed if I do get the chance to go.
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as you were hoping

julieannbabe - I'm so sorry you have missed out on coming downunder :(
We have been having beautiful weather...

Have you been on a cruise? Are you able to compare Golden Mickeys Cruise vs Golden Mickeys HKDL

While I've been on a Disney Cruise, it didn't have a Golden Mickey's show at that time. The show in the park was very good. And from the only picture I've seen of the cruise show, it looks like the HKDL show may be similar to that. (At HKDL, the songs were in English, and the narration was in Cantonese with video screen translations.)

I assume your other comments were directed at the OP, since I had a great time at HKDL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!