just back

Daryl

DIS Veteran
Last week at this hour I was on a plane headed for Disneyland Resort. Although both parks are great I am always amazed at the Charming nature of Disneyland park. The matterhorn was down but there were very short waits for all the classic rides in fantasy land, and as always, if you get there early,most rides, including Indiana Jones were walk ons. This is a great season to visit, after summer and before the holidays. I Loved the Grand Californian hotel, The Lobby is Stunning, and the health Culb is one of the best hotel fitness centers I have ever used. In fact except for the lack of a full barbell set and dumbells above 50lbs, I would say its on the same level as any Ist class big city fitness center Like Eqinox in NY or Club One in California.
I had an absolutely breathtaking view of California Adventure but on the downside the standard rooms are on the small side, the walls are thin, and the beds and blankets are not on a par with the Grand Floridian or Portifino Bay in Fla.
The Restaurants are wonderful. especially Storytellers. In fact the Breakfast Buffet is as good if not better than the Grand Floridian which was my favorite. There is not as much variety or as many Characters as the GF but the food choices are fantastic (the hot Cakes are made to order as are the omlets). The Blue bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square is also fantastic. Great food wonderful atmosphere and romantic at any time of day. Get priority seating, arrive early and ask to wait for a table by Pirates River. you won't be dissapointed.
I would recomend a vacation at the Disneyland Resort to any lover of WDW. rides like Pirates and peter pan as well as the Mountains are, as you Disneyland Vets know, very Different, some would say better, than thier counter parts in the Magic Kingdom and of course there are many rides that are unique to DL.
With a little planning you can tour both parks in two days, all in all a perfect vacation destination for Disney Fans
who havent made it out to california:D :D :D :D

It sounds like you had a nice time Daryl. I especially liked your review of the Grand Californian Health Club. Somehow, I always forget to pack my workout clothes. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter