Just Back

wdwcoltsfan

DIS Veteran
We just got back on Wednesday and I thought I would pass along some of our thoughts and experiences. I know I appreciate reading updates from people who have just returned. Because of reading those updates, I tend to pay attention to certain things to see if I have the same experience.

First, the weather was beautiful!! It can have such a positive impact when the temps are low-mid 80's and the sun is shining.

Bathrooms- I have noticed people complaining about the cleanliness, so I found myself paying particular attention to this. I have to say, I didn't have a issue with dirty bathrooms. There was an attendant in every one I was in and they were very well kept. This even includes late at night at MNSSHP and WS during F&W.

CM's- Once again, we didn't have any interactions with an unpleasant CM. We had some that would say "good morning" at AKL and they were a good 20-30 ft. away. We also had this happen in some of the MK stores. They were making a point of welcoming people. We also ran into chatty CM's who were engaged with people in line. Some of them were polite, but not over the top friendly, but that's fine. Not everyone has an outgoing personality and being polite and helpful is fine with me.

Crowds- It was fairly busy. October is not a low crowd month anymore. I do wish they would keep HS open later than 7pm when the crowds are up and there is a party at MK.

MNSSHP- We went on the 24th. I don't know if it was sold out. There were a lot of people there, but we didn't have waits on the rides. We rode the Mine Train with a 30 minute wait. I believe the listed wait was 45, but we got through quicker. We lined up to see the Headless Horseman a little before 8:00 in front of the Trading Post and we were in the second row. No problem seeing the parade. We didn't do meet and greets or the dance parties, so I don't know about those lines. The TOT lines were long at first, but quickly died down and moved very fast. We also were able to get a party pin, which we were not able to do last year because they sold out ridiculously early. Maybe they are now holding pins back for each party so that doesn't happen again.

F&W- We went on a Thursday and it was great! Low crowds, plenty of room to sit and eat and short lines. So much better than last year when we went on Saturday night. We also went back on Sunday for lunch. The lines were longer, but still moved along pretty well. DH and I love F&W!

FP+- It worked for us. We were able to ride all of the rides we wanted to. I will agree with others that there are some rides that just don't need it and it's creating longer lines for rides that never had lines. We noticed that lines for secondary rides, ie Small World, HM, JC and POC would jump in the afternoon. I was standing by the FP kiosk by Philarmagic and there were many people in line, not getting their 4th, but their original 3. Well, I'm sure at that point, the only ones left were the secondary rides. I think in the future for MK, we will ride those rides first and I will schedule our FP+ for a little later.

FP+ for AK worked very well. No tiering and we could get what we wanted when we wanted.

HS- Hate the tiering! We would like RNR and TSM(like everyone else). This park will still be a rope drop for us. We will either do standby for TSM and also use a FP so we can do it twice or we will do RNR at opening. At least RNR generally has shorter lines and a single rider option. This park was a rope drop park for us before FP+ and it still is.

EPCOT- Same as Studios. Because of the tiers, it will be a rope drop park. We got there at 9:30 on Sunday and were able to ride Soarin with a 15 minute wait. We had a FP+ for TT. Waits were always pretty high for both of these rides, so I would suggest getting there early.

Overall, it worked for us with no issues. We were able to change FP times for all rides except for Mine Train and TSM. We didn't have any for M&G. On Monday, I switched our FP+ from MK to Studios and got RNR, TOT and Muppets for the times we wanted. TSM was not available.

Construction- MK was not as noticeable as I feared. The area between Casey's and CP was the worst for me. Once you got past Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor walking up Main Street, it wasn't obstructed. However, I will be glad when they finish it.

AK- Construction takes away from this park right now. I wish I could say it isn't that noticeable, but it really is. Walls everywhere. I understand what they are doing, but it seems they walled everything at once.

Poly- Sooo glad I'm not staying there. We went to Ohana and they have completely torn this resort up. The inside, the pool, the beach, it's all a mess. I also didn't realize they were adding the cabanas over the water in front of Tahiti. I'm guessing it's part of DVC(and we have DVC), but I don't know if I like it. It takes away from the unobstructed view that they Poly used to have. It may be great, but right now I'm skeptical.

Well, I think that is everything. We had a wonderful time and we were all sad to leave. While we are curious as to how all of the changes, refurbs and additions will shake out, we are definitely not in the "not going back" crowd.

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great time. We just came back on the 20th and also had a great time. The one thing I noticed also was how crowded the rides that did not have FP had longer lines then in the past. We also attended the Halloween party and had a great time. It was sold out that night but we were still able to do everything we wanted to do. It was great getting our photo with Jack and Sally.

I'm glad you had an excellent time. Thanks for reporting on the bathrooms, FP+, and the CM's. It's nice to hear that everything was great when you were there, except for the crowds! ;)

we were there for the party on the 24th - concur that it did not feel over crowded. Great weather too.

Thank you for the fantastic trip report! So nice to read a positive review (although the negative ones can be helpful too!). Glad you had such a great time!:goodvibes

Great report, thanks!

Love hearing the maintenance issues weren't there for you.

One reason we like fp+ is the ability to get in rides in the mornings without it, then schedule fp+s for the afternoons when lines are heavier. I see you found that to be true too!

Thanks for the report!! Other than the construction, how was Ohana's?

Thanks for the report!! Other than the construction, how was Ohana's?

We enjoyed it:) I do like the salad better than the lettuce wraps that they now offer, but they were still good. The service was well paced. Sometimes service can be an issue. We will go back:goodvibes

Thanks for the report! Leaving soon and your logistics regarding FP+ is very helpful.

We enjoyed it:) I do like the salad better than the lettuce wraps that they now offer, but they were still good. The service was well paced. Sometimes service can be an issue. We will go back:goodvibes

Great to hear!! Going to Ohana's for the first time in January!!!

Great report. Sounds like you had a fun trip with excellent weather. Sure beats the high temps + high humidity of just a month ago.

Thanks for the report! It was very informative and helpful. I'm glad you had a magical time. I'm also from Indiana! GO COLTS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter