Just book our 1st Rccl cruise

Tigger2ntinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We couldn't get the Disney web site to finish booking a 3 day, so while waiting I looked around Rccl and low and behold I found a 7 day Easterern with balcony for less than the 3 day Dlx Fam Ov Inside.
So deleted the non loading Disney page and paid the deposit on the 7 day.

I know we will be on an old ship, but that's ok.

Can anyone who has sailed on the Oasis of the Sea, tell me if my room location is ok.
We are on Deck 8, cabin 8616 -Mid deck.
TIA

I haven't sailed on Oasis, but even though it is almost 10 years old now it is still what I consider to be an elite-class ship. Biggest I have been on is Liberty and I hope to have the opportunity to try an Oasis class sooner or later.

Just at a glance you seem to be 'in the middle of it all' which is what I always aim for. Right next to mid-ship elevators and it looks like you'll be able to easily swing by your room enroute from 1 attraction to the next. Have Fun!!!

I have never done a 7 day cruise before .
Oh man, you're gonna love it! Be careful though, you'll never want to do less after you go for 7.

Success (for me) on a cruise =

Q1: What time is it? A: Don't know
Q2: What DAY is it? A: Don't know
Q3: Where am I? A: Right here

It takes a few days to get there and if you're busy thinking about packing up and disembarkation plans on day 2 I don't know how you ever could

I know we will be on an old ship, but that's ok.

Can anyone who has sailed on the Oasis of the Sea

It's impossible for me to consider Oasis to be an old ship!!!

I just looked it up. Wonder and Magic were from 99 and 97. Oasis was finished in '09. Dream is from '11. I consider none of them to be old. :)

Success (for me) on a cruise =

Q1: What time is it? A: Don't know
Q2: What DAY is it? A: Don't know
Q3: Where am I? A: Right here

YES.

You have to work HARD to get anywhere near that point on a 4 nighter. But on a 7...ahhhhh.

That’s why I try not to look down on the elevators. :)

That said, I tend to remember what day of the week anyway so that (not looking down on the elevator) doesn’t help me much.

Except they put the current day in the floor of the elevator and change it everyday!
True, my group rode the elevator for 20 minutes around midnight one night to watch the day change. I think we really freaked out a very nice Vietnamese maintenance man.

Except they put the current day in the floor of the elevator and change it everyday!

At least on Adventure last December they didn’t have the days at all. Just had plain carpet in the spot where the day-carpet would go.

At the time the people on cruisecritic said it was a permanent change. I don’t know though.

How much will the drink package run?
I was told by a Rccl agent that the transfers from MCO round trip were 37.50 each person , I think that's one way.
Formal night ?? I heard that's 2-3 during the time we sail, not sure.
I there an Adult only pool area?.
I know I'll have more question, but this is it for now.
Thanks bunches guys.

How much will the drink package run?

Look in your account at your cruise planner. That’s where the prices for the package for your sailing (the only one that matters) will be.

I was told by a Rccl agent that the transfers from MCO round trip were 37.50 each person , I think that's one way.

Sounds right. It’s about the same as dcl charges. There are other ways to get there though. Rental car, taxi/rideshares, towncar, limo...

Formal night ?? I heard that's 2-3 during the time we sail, not sure.

2. I’ve never heard of three for a 7 night sailing.

We're in the same "boat". Just off Fantasy this month from second cruise, bought a placeholder but when looking at using it I couldn't justify prices for what we received this last trip. Booked Oasis today grand suite for a lot less than regular balcony on DCL.

We're in the same "boat". Just off Fantasy this month from second cruise, bought a placeholder but when looking at using it I couldn't justify prices for what we received this last trip. Booked Oasis today grand suite for a lot less than regular balcony on DCL.

Wonder and Dream sailings with another concierge Dream next month. Did Oasis Jr. Suite last year and booked Oasis Grand Suite for March next year but just upper to Crown Loft for a later next year cruise. Did not have an issue with size of ship, cabin, food, services or pricing for sailing on the Oasis. Planning a STAR category for our 3rd Oasis cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!