Just booked 1st

mlayman7

Mouseketeer
We have been wanting to try ABD out for a little while and finally booked a trip for next November. We had a very difficult time deciding between southern California vs Costa Rica. We knew we wanted to not be gone long (3 young kids at home) so most Europe trips were out of the question. We ended up booking Costa Rica because of the advantages doing that with ABD will provide. Trip is a while away but excited to get it booked. The booking agent really wasnt very informative about what to expect next other than I have your payment, thanks goodbye. Oh and sign these forms and return them within 2 weeks. Plenty of time to work anything else out.

We have been wanting to try ABD out for a little while and finally booked a trip for next November. We had a very difficult time deciding between southern California vs Costa Rica. We knew we wanted to not be gone long (3 young kids at home) so most Europe trips were out of the question. We ended up booking Costa Rica because of the advantages doing that with ABD will provide. Trip is a while away but excited to get it booked. The booking agent really wasnt very informative about what to expect next other than I have your payment, thanks goodbye. Oh and sign these forms and return them within 2 weeks. Plenty of time to work anything else out.

Congratulations on booking your first ABD. Unfortunately, I haven’t done the Costa Rica ABD but have done many others. Below are some things to think about and plan while you’re waiting for your trip:

1) Decide if you want to fly in/out the day the ABD starts/ends or if you want to do a pre/post night if they are offered. ABD will have a host hotel for these that you can book through them, but you can also book something, even the same hotel on your own for cheaper most times. Breakfast is included with the pre/post nights that ABD offers.

2) ABD will transport you to the host hotel only whenever you arrive, even if you come in early.

3) Research Costa Rica and see if there are things you want to see that the ABD doesn’t do. These would be good things to do when the ABD has scheduled free time or if you come in early or stay late.

4) Decide if you want to book your own airfare or pay ABD to book it.

5) Review the itinerary to see if there are any meals that ABD doesn’t provide. If there are some, research what restaurants you may want to eat at. The ABD guides will help with this on the trip, but I like to make my reservations ahead of time.

Other than these things, there’s nothing more to do than book your airfare and wait for the trip. Of course there is getting passports, foreign currency, etc. You can always call ABD anytime if you have questions about the trip. Good luck and enjoy.

We did Costa Rica in March as our first abd. You will love it! Congratulations! If you can I highly recommend a pre and post day. And if you want those book ASAP. It took quite awhile to get them confirmed and I waited longer than I should have.

There was not enough free time in out itinerary tondo anything extra. I think you would need extra days for that.

Happy to try to answer other questions if I can.

It was hard for me also to accept how little there is to do. But there wasn’t much. I think the other post covers it.

Congratulations on booking your first ABD. Unfortunately, I haven’t done the Costa Rica ABD but have done many others. Below are some things to think about and plan while you’re waiting for your trip:

1) Decide if you want to fly in/out the day the ABD starts/ends or if you want to do a pre/post night if they are offered. ABD will have a host hotel for these that you can book through them, but you can also book something, even the same hotel on your own for cheaper most times. Breakfast is included with the pre/post nights that ABD offers.

2) ABD will transport you to the host hotel only whenever you arrive, even if you come in early.

3) Research Costa Rica and see if there are things you want to see that the ABD doesn’t do. These would be good things to do when the ABD has scheduled free time or if you come in early or stay late.

4) Decide if you want to book your own airfare or pay ABD to book it.

5) Review the itinerary to see if there are any meals that ABD doesn’t provide. If there are some, research what restaurants you may want to eat at. The ABD guides will help with this on the trip, but I like to make my reservations ahead of time.

Other than these things, there’s nothing more to do than book your airfare and wait for the trip. Of course there is getting passports, foreign currency, etc. You can always call ABD anytime if you have questions about the trip. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks for the great info. Only hope Chicago gets some direct flights into Costa Rica.

We did Costa Rica in March as our first abd. You will love it! Congratulations! If you can I highly recommend a pre and post day. And if you want those book ASAP. It took quite awhile to get them confirmed and I waited longer than I should have.

There was not enough free time in out itinerary tondo anything extra. I think you would need extra days for that.

Happy to try to answer other questions if I can.

How was the food and drinks down there? Any chance Costa Rica has some unique local brews?

The time will fly before your trip.

We are now 17 days out from leaving for our first ABD (Italy). We started planning for this trip over 2.5 years ago (when I told Hubby to pick what he wanted to do for a big birthday). 2 years ago this month, we found ABD and he picked this trip. One year ago this month, we signed up for the trip on the first day that we could and now, we are 17 days out. (And to be honest - I'm freaking out about all that needs to be done before we leave, but also super excited that it is almost here!!!)

How was the food and drinks down there? Any chance Costa Rica has some unique local brews?
We aren't big beer drinkers. But we fell in love with the Costa Rican favorite -- Guaro Sour. This is not a fine dining vacation, but we were very happy with the food options. Breakfast buffets were all good, and the final dinner in particular at El Mangroove was outstanding. If you love rice and beans (like I do), you will be in heaven. its always available. If you don't (like the rest of my family) plenty of other good options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter