• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked a stay at Boardwalk Villas! A few questions...

cgcruz

In Disney Bliss
We are renting points from a DVC owner for March 5-10th, 2006. We are staying at a Studio. There were no Standard rooms so we had to settle for preferred room. Is there anything I should know? Is this one of the most popular DVC resorts? I know I wont get housekeeping, but will I be able to get towels when I need them? Will I be able to throw away trash by myself when needed? Also, since I'm staying at a studio resort, will I be able to do laundry for free at the laundry rooms? Thanks!

BWV is our home resort. So, we're a little biased!

You can pay extra for more towels. I think they're $6 for a pack of 4. You can throw away trash no problem. But, trash + towel day usually is enough for us. I do believe that the laundry, while they have coin slots, are free.

We love BWV for the pool, community hall, the nightlife, and proximity to Epcot, MGM, restaurants on boardwalk, and at beach club/yacht club, and swan/dolphin. It's a destination in its' own right...

Cj,

I hope you enjoy your stay. Careful though, after renting a couple of times, we bought at the BW. :earseek:

There is a laundry for villa guests. Staying as a DVC guest the laundry is free to you. Your room key will be coded to allow you into the free laundry for DVC guests. I am not 100% sure where it is since i have only stayed in a 1 br.

One hint though, bring your own laundry detergent and dryer sheets. While the laundry is free, the products are not. And they will add up. If you can find the detergent tabs for washing machines, they are easy to pack (they are now hard to find though). If not, if you are getting groceries, it may be wise to also get a small bottle of detergent.

There is a room to bring your trash and recyclables to if you need to empty it. If you are not sure where it is (I wasn't) just dial housekeeping and they will tell you.

Also, FYI, you can get additional housekeeping if you want it, but it is an additional charge as well. Good luck and enjoy!

How is the bus service to the theme parks?

Also, seems like the boardwalk is a busy area. Are the rooms themselves pretty quiet?

the rooms are quiet, even boardwalk view rooms imo.

the laundry is on the first floor around the corner from the elevator.

cgcruz said:
How is the bus service to the theme parks?

Also, seems like the boardwalk is a busy area. Are the rooms themselves pretty quiet?

You can walk to Epcot & MGM and the busses to MK & Ak are fine.

BWV are great. That's why we own there. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

We are advc memebers with BWV as our home resort. Most of your questions are answered above. We love the location of BWV. You can easily walk to Epcot and even MGM if you want or take a boat ride for resort guests in the Boardwalk area (Swan, Dolphin, BCV and BWV). It is so nice to have the option to walk "home" on a busy park day. The bus stop is also easily accessible to go to DD or the other parks. A walk along the boardwalk and even all around the lake to BCV and past the Swan and Dolphin is nice. There is something always going on on the Boardwalk (jugglers, magicians, games, face painting, hair braiding, etc.) There are plenty of places to eat and entertainment going on. It's not loud in the rooms unless you open your patio door. We have been in a studio and 1BR and been on the Boardwalk side. We love it there. It would be my first choice although we like BCV because of the pool. I don't like the resort as much though. Boadrwalk has a nice e\pool to though. One time, we stayed at BCV and went over to use the BWV pool because it wwas less crowded. The location of these Epcot resorts is so nice because you are so close to 2 resorts and don't necessarily need resort transportation. You can reuse towels a day or so and then wash them. There are pool towels by the pool to use there so you don't need ypur towels for that. We ususally brought a few towels from home to have extras in case one of the girls was a towel hog and used 2 to shower. Have fun! :love: :earsboy:

Can I jump in and ask a few questions too? We are staying at our home SSR in Dec 2006 and also planning a trip in August 2006. My first thought was to go with SSR but after looking at the other options I would like to try BWV. So, whats the difference between standard and preferred? The view, the location?? Do they have a kiddie pool? The kids going on the trip will be 5,7,7,10 & 13. My DS who will be 5 doesn't like big pools too much though. Maybe by then he will. I think they will all enjoy the atmosphere there. Thanks.

shelleyz said:
Can I jump in and ask a few questions too? We are staying at our home SSR in Dec 2006 and also planning a trip in August 2006. My first thought was to go with SSR but after looking at the other options I would like to try BWV. So, whats the difference between standard and preferred? The view, the location?? Do they have a kiddie pool? The kids going on the trip will be 5,7,7,10 & 13. My DS who will be 5 doesn't like big pools too much though. Maybe by then he will. I think they will all enjoy the atmosphere there. Thanks.

Standard view can get you a view of the parking lot. Preferred view is split into two categories (1) Boardwalk view (2) Garden/pool/canal-type views.

There is a kids pool near the mail pool and a quiet pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter