Just booked, advice needed on a few things please.

owensdad

Mouseketeer
So, we've just booked a 14 night stay at Port Orleans Riverside for early next June, we booked with Virgin Holidays, one thing we didn't ask about was about things like Fastpass+ and booking any kind of character meals etc, I believe it can be done on some app from reading.

So, I have no clue about what app this is, or when it can be used or even what details I need for it to link or register with my holiday package, i'm assuming its all actually pretty simple but have no idea and they never said anything about it, all I have so far is our booking refs and won't get other info I think until a week or so before we go which will be the ticket bouchers etc, but i'd love to take advantage of Fastpass+ and book 60 days in advance.

Any help is very much appreciated.

The app is called my disney experience. You can also set up an account for this on the Walt disney world website. We book hotel and park tickets direct through Disney so unfortunately I can't help with linking a virgin booking.
Definitely take advantage of booking your fastpasses 60 days out! At 60 days you can book fp+ for the entire length of your stay. Restaurants can be booked 180 days out but you can only book for the first 10 days of your stay then add additional days at 179 days, 178 days etc if that makes sense.

Thanks, just tried doing the MDE stuff but its probably way too early for any info from Virgin to be picked up at the Disney end as we only booked this afternoon, hopefully in the coming days it will recognise our Virgin booking ref and we can go from there.

Thanks, just tried doing the MDE stuff but its probably way too early for any info from Virgin to be picked up at the Disney end as we only booked this afternoon, hopefully in the coming days it will recognise our Virgin booking ref and we can go from there.
Hopefully it won't take too long! As you're going in June you are well within the time frame for your reservation to show up on the app good luck getting everything linked!!

Thanks folks, I've noticed in the Virgin brochure that we are entitled to $100 Disney spending per booking, there was no mention of this and nothing noted on our booking, does anyone know what usually happens with this? obviously free spending money is a bonus i'd like to take advantage of!

Thanks folks, I've noticed in the Virgin brochure that we are entitled to $100 Disney spending per booking, there was no mention of this and nothing noted on our booking, does anyone know what usually happens with this? obviously free spending money is a bonus i'd like to take advantage of!

We usually book with Disney and get our tickets about a month before we go and this includes a letter that we take to Disney Springs to get the $100 gift card. This can then be used for anything we want on property. Never booked with Virgin but presume you would also get a letter when Virgin give you your tickets.

Mrs TT

I believe you can't link your booking until 11 months out so don't stress if you don't have a reservation number just yet. Make a note of your restaurant reservation and FP dates and times on your calendar and don't miss them! Even 180 days out some restaurants can be tough to get. I got everything I wanted for dining and FP but not necessarily at the times I wanted.

We booked with Virgin holidays last year for this October also staying at POR. Did you book with the free dining plan package?

Your virgin booking ref will link in the My Disney Experience on the WDW website, then you will see your booking/package. It may take a few days/weeks to recognise.

We had the $200 gift card included in ours and it does show on the ' manage my booking ' on the Virgin holidays site. If it doesn't show I would ring them.

As for Fastpasses you will see your park tickets in the MDE, Virgin will email you when it's your day to book. But beforehand have a look and plan what times and which rides you would ideally like. So you're prepared.

That goes for dining reservations too, virgin will email you on your booking day, but be prepared of which ones you would like (if any?) beforehand.

The dates should be on your booking info on Virgins site.

Ok its now linking our Virgin Holiday booking with MDE, yay! Cant do much though from a quick look at it this morning, didn't have much time really before shooting off to work, the Fastpass booking link had a padlock on it which is expected as it probably wont go live until 60 days before the trip, although I couldn't see any ticket details on there, would that get added later automatically?

I think all I can do right now is customize our magic bands.

We booked with Virgin holidays last year for this October also staying at POR. Did you book with the free dining plan package?

Your virgin booking ref will link in the My Disney Experience on the WDW website, then you will see your booking/package. It may take a few days/weeks to recognise.

We had the $200 gift card included in ours and it does show on the ' manage my booking ' on the Virgin holidays site. If it doesn't show I would ring them.

Yes we have the free QS dining plan, also have the $100 gift thing listed on the Virgin website under manage my booking.

With regards to character meals, you can book them at 180 days out +10 days as you're staying on site. There are lots of fun ones to go to, do you want to meet any particular characters ?

Check to see if you have free Disney Dining in your booking. For P.O. Riverside it would be the quick service options which is;
2 quick service meals per day
2 snack credits
1 refillable mug (that you can use in the hotel)

If you plan to do a number of character meals, you might want to upgrade (if you have the above) or pay for thr standard dining plan. This gives you;

1 sit down meal
1 quick service
2 snacks
1 mug

Per person per night. You still have to pay tips at the end of the meal but means your meals are paid for in advance.

We’re going to Riverside in October as it looks a lovely and quiet resort (after the madness of the parks anyway!).

With regards to character meals, you can book them at 180 days out +10 days as you're staying on site. There are lots of fun ones to go to, do you want to meet any particular characters ?
This often 180 Days + Length of Stay - Likely a glitch but sometimes you can do your whole stay :)

This often 180 Days + Length of Stay - Likely a glitch but sometimes you can do your whole stay :)

For Americans it's often length of stay as I think they don't tend to stay as long as us that's travelling from overseas. You can't book more than 180+10 though. With FP+ you can book 60+15 days out.

Check to see if you have free Disney Dining in your booking. For P.O. Riverside it would be the quick service options which is;
2 quick service meals per day
2 snack credits
1 refillable mug (that you can use in the hotel)

If you plan to do a number of character meals, you might want to upgrade (if you have the above) or pay for thr standard dining plan. This gives you;

1 sit down meal
1 quick service
2 snacks
1 mug

Per person per night. You still have to pay tips at the end of the meal but means your meals are paid for in advance.

We’re going to Riverside in October as it looks a lovely and quiet resort (after the madness of the parks anyway!).

We have the Quick Dining Plan for free which we think will do fine, can't see us doing much in the way of character meals, so that's a minor thing.

So, looking on the MDE app it now shows the PO resort reservation and also has now linked the tickets which show the free memory maker included, hopefully all good now, the only thing that shows the Quick Service Dining Plan is a little bit under the hotel reservation but assume that's normal and we don't have to link anything?

For Americans it's often length of stay as I think they don't tend to stay as long as us that's travelling from overseas. You can't book more than 180+10 though. With FP+ you can book 60+15 days out.
No Idea how I've booked length of stay in the past then!

So, looking on the MDE app it now shows the PO resort reservation and also has now linked the tickets which show the free memory maker included, hopefully all good now, the only thing that shows the Quick Service Dining Plan is a little bit under the hotel reservation but assume that's normal and we don't have to link anything?
Hi arrived back on Sunday from our latest trip to WDW booked through VH. Unless they change the process you do not have to link anything to get the QSDP. When all of your documents are electronically available from VH, about a month before departure, one of the vouchers you will need to print out that you give to PO on arrival is for the QSDP. They will then link it to your magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!