• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked at Riverside for May 22nd > May 27th

mco65

get busy living, or get busy dying!
Our last trip was in early Nov of 2012 and we stayed at POR then as well. In fact, i think our last 3 trips have been at POR. Why, because it is typically the cheapest place to stay onsite for a family of 5. Plus, its nice enough for our use.

This trip was booked over this past weekend and our travel day is set for the first day of summer vacation for the kids.... but that just changed.. we live in Atlanta and schools have been closed for 3 days so the last day of school will get pushed back.. argh..

NO, I did not get stuck on the roads Tuesday nor the kids get stuck in school. We are actually in Gwinnett county (just outside I285 on the NE side) and our schools let out on time and the kids were home at the normal hours.. we were very fortunate compared to some others. I was smart enough to work from home that day (or I was just lucky) but my wife's commute home from the airport (she left at noon) was 4 hours on Tuesday vs the typical 45 minutes.

So now we have an issue with the vacation.. we can't rebook because the oldest will start summer school the first day back. So it looks like the kids will miss at least the last 2 days of school which is a bummer because at least 2 of them were going for perfect attendance. What is that saying about well made plans?

ON a side note, I added the water parks to this trip. We have never done the Water Parks before because we typically go in the fall during school and the temperatures are not balmy enough for water parks..

Wish us luck that nothing else comes along and derails our WDW plans! ;)

in the immortal words of Florida Evans:
DAMN
DAMN
DAMN

:)

With our latest snow storm, school is being pushed back even further so instead of the kids not missing any school to missing a couple days to now missing a week, we have decided to rebook.

Now we are going in April (spring break) yuk.. what can you do! ?

We actually saved a couple hundred bucks because we kaboshed the Water Parks.. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter