Just booked first cruise ever!

Next_disney_princess

Mouseketeer
Yay!!! We just booked our first ever cruise! We are doing the Halloween on the high seas for next year Oct 28th. 4 night cruise out of port Canaveral! We are so excited! We are celebrating mine and DH 15th wedding anniversary and our daughters 8th birthday next year and DD asked for a cruise and since none of us have ever cruised we said OK let's do it! We are gonna do 5 nights at Disney before the cruise and then the 4 night cruise. Can anyone tell me what the trick or treat is like on the ship?

Yay!!! We just booked our first ever cruise! We are doing the Halloween on the high seas for next year Oct 28th. 4 night cruise out of port Canaveral! We are so excited! We are celebrating mine and DH 15th wedding anniversary and our daughters 8th birthday next year and DD asked for a cruise and since none of us have ever cruised we said OK let's do it! We are gonna do 5 nights at Disney before the cruise and then the 4 night cruise. Can anyone tell me what the trick or treat is like on the ship?

Yay!!! Congrats on booking your first Disney cruise! :cheer2:

I'm afraid I'm no help on the trick or treating even though I was just on the Fantasy last month and it was a HOTHS cruise. I heard good things about the trick or treating event, and the ship had some fun decorations for Halloween. I know some other folks will chime in that have experience with it. And I know that there have been some threads about trick or treating onboard. :cutie: Happy planning!

Congrats! Disney cruises are so much fun!

My family actually did a 4-night Halloween on the High Seas a few weeks ago. For our cruise they had the Halloween festivities on the day that we were in port in Nassau, Bahamas. This is also the day that you will be able to meet some of the characters in their Halloween attire. They had 2 different party times, like a dance party type thing where the Trick-or-Treating takes place. They will give you a small bag in your stateroom, I'm assuming one per child but we only had 1 child out of the 2 staterooms we had, so we had 1 bag.

We had gone to the second of the two parties and there were a ton of people dressed up in actual costumes. The actual Trick-or-Treating, while obviously a bit busy, was, in my opinion, well organized. There were cast members standing at the midship stairs instructing people where the stations were and some of the cast members were announcing how many were on each deck so that you knew whether you hit them all or not. I believe that that stations were on deck 4, 3, and 2, with a couple on each floor. The stations are marked with a sign that says like Mickey's Mouse-querade party or something similar so you know where they are. You also can't miss them since cast members, in Halloween costumes, are standing in front of large cauldrons of candy.

The candy was very plentiful. Some stations had treat bags already made up that they handed out while others just gave out handfuls of candy. We finished, after hitting practically every station, with a very full bag and a very happy child. Even now when we ask him if he's going to go Trick-or-Treating for Halloween he says that he wants to go back and do it on the Disney cruise!

Thank you for the replies!! The trick or treat sounds like fun!!

I just saw that my travel agent booked us in a room on deck 6 forward.... it looks like it's extremely forward. (Hubby wanted deluxe inside stateroom with magical porthole because he likes to sleep in very dark rooms) are we going to be too far away from everything being so close to the front of the ship? And is the forward a good place to be?

I just saw that my travel agent booked us in a room on deck 6 forward.... it looks like it's extremely forward. (Hubby wanted deluxe inside stateroom with magical porthole because he likes to sleep in very dark rooms) are we going to be too far away from everything being so close to the front of the ship? And is the forward a good place to be?
In reality, nothing is really "too far away" onboard.

I firmly believe you should study the deck plans and determine where you would really like to stay. If you are not happy with what has been booked for you, I would work with your TA to try and get it changed. It is hard for me to tell from your post if you are happy with your room assignment or not. Good luck with it all!

Congratulations!!!! You will have a great time! We will pass right by you - we're on the Fantasy 8 day Oct 19th.

As Shmoo said, there is no "too far" on a cruise ship. PERSONALLY, we like forward. That's our choice. It's hard to tell for you since you have never been on a cruise.
Mid-ship you feel the least "rocking" so if you get motion sickness, that's the best place to be.
I figure you are on the 4 night Dream cruise. I find aft in the dream can vibrate a bit from the engines (some people like this). Also, if you are getting a Verdandah (which it sounds like you are not) Aft have the biggest one.
We like forward since it has the rocking of the boat and not the vibrations.

Your TA should be able to find you another room if you don't like the choice they made for you. If the room you want is not open, keep checking (or have them keep checking). It's still early out and there will probably be cancellations.

No matter what though do not stress - you will have a GREAT cruise and there are really no "bad" rooms on a cruise ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter