• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked first cruise! Have Questions

Kreid001

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Thanks to this board, I've gotten up the courage to book a cruise for the first time ever!

We've booked the Wonder for 12/28/03. Naturally, I have a few questions. Any help is appreciated.

For the kids (14,13, & 11) are they free to partake in club activities without us? Do they just come and go, visiting different activities and then meet up with us for meals, and planned family things?

Are all snacks, non-alcoholic beverages included in cruise price? Does this mean free-unlimited? Including room service?

Instead of getting the family stateroom, we opted for two connecting inside rooms, #7505 & #7507. It saved $1000 and we got 100 more square feet and a second split bathroom. Are these "good" category 10 rooms? I don't plan on spending time in the room except for sleeping, so I didn't spend the extra on the waterview or veranda.

What ther expences can I expect to have outside of souvineers?

Thanks!

Congrats on booking a great vacation. Your kids are free to come and go as you (and they) please. All snacks are included--sodas are not free, except at sit down lunch and dinner. There is a beverage area that has thigs like lemonade, water, ice tea, coffe, and tea bags which is free. Room service is free, except for sodas (tip the staff that carries the food to your room--usually $2-3. I think Deck 7 is an excellent location for staterooms.

I can answer one of your questions.
All food is "free" I say "included in the price of the cruise". Room service has no charge, but a tip is expected. Non-alco bev are "free" with meals, but cokes on board cost.
Hope you enjoy your trip.

Originally posted by Kreid001

For the kids (14,13, & 11) are they free to partake in club activities without us? Do they just come and go, visiting different activities and then meet up with us for meals, and planned family things?
You can have as much (or as litle) interaction with your children as you want! The activities are organized by age group & not all kids want to do all activities.
Are all snacks, non-alcoholic beverages included in cruise price? Does this mean free-unlimited? Including room service?
Soda is only included with sit-down meals (not buffet or pizza & hot dogs). Snacks at Preludes (outside the Walt Disney Theatre) do cost extra as well as snacks at the movie theater. Bottled water is also offered when leaving the ship at the ports & does cost extra.
What ther expences can I expect to have outside of souvineers?
Tips (recommended amounts are posted & in your docs), "adult" drinks, arcade, spa services, bingo are some items that cost extra.
Choosing two rooms was a great idea and even with younger ones, we will go that route from now on (unless the Florida Lottery Goddess smiles on us & then it's the Walt suite! :p )

Hey Kreid001 - we'll be cruising with you! We were on this years post-Christmas Wonder and had to rebook right away.

Seems like everyone answered your questions already Your kids will love the activities or just hanging out. There really is something for everyone. The teen area looks really nice but our kids are too young for it yet (8 & 9) so I can't give specifics.

The other expenses you should plan for are: any excursions or spa treatments, drinks really add up quickly (maybe your kids would get their money's worth with the drink cups - $15.00/unlimited sodas for the 3 days), photos are a bit pricey from Shutters and of course, tips.

Good choice saving money on rooms - we were hardly in ours!

Keep reading these boards and you'll be all set!

Have fun planning.

I haven't stayed in one yet (have one of the non-connecting ones booked for September), but many seem to like the Cat. 10 rooms referred to as 'The Secret Porthole Rooms'. You pay for a Cat. 10, but you get a window (with an obstructed view, but still a window).

Here is a link to pictures on Barb's page with these rooms that explain more:
http://www.disneycruiser.info/pics.htm

Debra

about the teen area...

The teen area is excellent and the counselors are REALLY nice. Two of ours are gone now, but Disney only hires the best. The Buena Vista Theatre is also a great place for young teens to hang out, as the older teens sort of take over the place, but still the ship is an excellent place for teens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter