Just booked flights!!!

Tink42

Mouseketeer
I took the plunge today and booked our flights for Aug./Sep. trip. I was waiting for the Southwest flights to come available (did today) out of Buffalo. Well for the dates I wanted, no N/S was available (no big deal) but the flights were $160.00 (US$) before tax. So decided to check expedia.ca and Northwest came up at 919.00 for 4 people (tax included) and this was Canadian $'s. Yes we will have to stop over in Detroit but I don't mind. What do you think of this rate? By the way, the same dates for Toronto, Canada3000 came up at over $1900. So we would save $1000 flying Northwest.

Tink42

Your prices sound pretty good. We paid US$162.60 tax included to fly NS from Buffalo to Orlando. It converted to just under Cdn$1000.00 for 4 people. Our dollar has slid lower since then so it would cost a little more now. If the dates and times suit I'd say go for it. You might also want to check into Northwest's on time record, baggage handling, etc.

Offsite 81, 83, 85, 86
All Star Movies spring 2001

We flew at that time last year with Air Transat and it cost us $350/person from Toronto to Orlando (there are 5 of us). But Air Transat messed around with our dates and we ended up leaving TO a day later and leaving Orlando a day early (so I had to change hotel reservations and car rentals, etc). You've got a good deal, and I heard somewhere that Southwest is suppose to be one of the best charter airlines around!

We have fown Northwest twice out of Detroit and have to say it was very good no hassles and no delays. The flight staff was very good to.
Have a great trip
Darren & Lisa

We are flying Southwest in a couple of weeks. We also got a good rate, $1225 CDN for 5 of us. We are spending the night prior in the Holiday Inn near the airport, and they keep your car free for 2 weeks, and give free shuttle to airport.($79.99/night)

95- offsite
97- Nikki bird
98- Holiday Inn M.E.
99- Days suites
00-ASM and HIFS
00- DL and MOWC
01- Animal kingdom lodge and HIFS

DSNY FN: I am glad to hear you had good experiences flying with Northwest. I have never flown with them and I wasn't sure what to expect.

HockeyMom: You did get a great rate with Southwest. My daughter and her friend flew Southwest at March Break and had a great experience with them. We weren't going to stay in Buffalo the night before because our flight is not real early but maybe we should rethink that. We would have to pay for parking our car anyway. I guess I'll have to check out the Park & Fly rates and compare. Have you stayed at the Holiday Inn before? I'd like to know what it's like.

Tink4

Hockey Mom, can you tell me what you thought about the Holiday Inn Nikki Bird, I'm just about to make our ressies for four days the first week of November. Cost is not that important as we received 50% off vouchers for all four nights with our airmiles flight award with USAir. Our flight out of Buffalo is at 6:45 a.m., I think the stay at the Holiday Inn the night before is a great idea. When I checked parking rates a while ago it was going to be close to $100 US for two weeks.

Tink42- I have never stayed at that Holiday Inn before, but I will be sure to tell you how it was in about 4 weeks.

cdntowdw- we stayed at Nikki bird 4 years ago, and enjoyed it. The fridge and microwave came in handy, and my kids loved the Mickey shaped pool. Now since then I have heard mixed reviews on this hotel. Friends of mine just stayed there last month and he liked the hotel. I guess what I am trying to say is that it was clean and nice 4 years ago, but not sure what has happened in the meantime

95- offsite
97- Nikki bird
98- Holiday Inn M.E.
99- Days suites
00-ASM and HIFS
00- DL and MOWC
01- Animal kingdom lodge and HIFS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter