Just booked for January - 1st time at DLH!

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
EDIT: After deciding the new APs were just too disappointing and deciding to check out the Golden Forrest option instead, we've cancelled the Room Only bookings and booked all 4 nights at the Golden Forrest instead! Disneyland Hotel will have to remain on the bucket list, but for less money we can get hot breakfasts and fastpasses, so it felt worthwhile...

On a bit of a whim and spurred by cheap flights and expedia deals, we've booked a trip for January! My mum, dad, sister and I will spend three nights at Sequoia Lodge and one night at the Disneyland Hotel! Might seem silly to do it that way but even though we can't justify the expense for a whole trip, we just want to experience it once.
Going to buy Discovery APs, trying to get my head around the new APs. They're a bit disappointing compared to the previous ones, and we will miss Disney breakfasts too :( but hey, we are going! Better make a new ticker...

Last edited:
Came along and read this after you'd edited it - FWIW I think you've made the right choice! We stayed at the DLH a few years ago, and yes it was wonderful for a special birthday but we were lucky and had a very good rate so it didn't seem so mega expensive then! I doubt we'll ever stay there again, especially since breakfast is no longer included! We're staying at SL GF for the first time in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it - I'm sure we'll pop into Cafe Fantasia for a :drinking1or two though!

Came along and read this after you'd edited it - FWIW I think you've made the right choice! We stayed at the DLH a few years ago, and yes it was wonderful for a special birthday but we were lucky and had a very good rate so it didn't seem so mega expensive then! I doubt we'll ever stay there again, especially since breakfast is no longer included! We're staying at SL GF for the first time in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to it - I'm sure we'll pop into Cafe Fantasia for a :drinking1or two though!

Thanks Elaine! I am feeling 100% happy with our decision :) my parents are particularly excited about the lounge, they will probably use it every afternoon for a bit of a rest. We will also be going to Cafe Fantasia, and Inventions! Looking forward to seeing what you think of GF in a few weeks when you get back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter