Just booked for June

tmp

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

Just had to share my excitement with you all-just got off the phone to Disney :sunny:
Have booked two nights at Cheyenne from 30th May to 1st June :banana:
Only drawback is we will be flying from Heathrow to CDG as eurostar is fully booked but never mind.
My slight worry is the VEA shuttle which is included in the price.Can anyone give me any info on how reliable it is and where to get it.
Also do I have to book it for the return journey and can I do this at the hotel?
Leaving DH at home and taking my mum(who has never been)and 2 DS's who have been twice.First venture abroad without hubby so fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong :worried:

Thats great news Tmp :cool1:
Now you can begin planning1 :Pinkbounc

Do you have any plans already for restaurant visits or shows?

Hi tallym
Haven't really thought about restaurants yet to be honest.
My kids are small eaters so we will probably graze throughout the day.
We all loved the Rainforest Cafe so might go there again.
One thing I am dying to see is the Lion King Show.

Brilliant tmp, bet you can't wait!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Afraid I can't help you with the VEA as we've always got the Eurostar - I'm don't do planes! :scared1:

Rhiannon :wizard:

I have not been on VEA shuttle for some time now, but from memory buses were every 30/40 minutes.
Have a look at http://www.vea.fr/uk/index.asp
According to the website you need to fill out a form for return travel. I'm sure Cheyenne staff will be more than helpful.
Have a wonderful time.
Reid

tmp said:
Have booked two nights at Cheyenne from 30th May to 1st June :banana:

You will have a brilliant time! 30th May is my birthday, so have a :drinking1 and a :dancer: for me!!!

it's a much better feeling when you're booked. Something to look forward to.

As you can see from our countdown we shall be there in June too but later than you.

Fingers crossed for the weather , the previous twice we've been in June we've had great weather.

Sorry can't help with shuutle bus as we always go self drive

Our first trip we took the shuttle from CDG as well, and it was absolutely fine. You don't have to book your return as long as you are at a Disney hotel, which you will be. Just look at the scheduled departures from your hotel and wait for the shuttle. Departures from CDG are pretty regular, as long as you don't arrive at a strange hour, which I don't imagine you are since your shuttle is included in your package!

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time! Don't forget to write a trip report so we can all live vicariously!

:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

Thanks everyone.
Me and my mum are more excited than the kids-when I told them they were more interested in the fact we are flying :rolleyes:
Ware Bears-of course I will have a :drinking1 and a :dancer: for you -any excuse ;)
jodyb-Thanks for the info re the shuttle.I had read that I needed to fill in a form as suggested by Cyrano so it's good to know that thats one less thing I need to worry about.
My mum bless her(!) will not have a clue how to cope so the only thing I'm relying on her to do is turn up at the airport with her suitcase,passport and euros.Anything else is my call.Yikes!! :eek:

Well, my experience with the VEA was that no form was necessary, but it's best to check with your hotel about the return to see if you need a reservation for it. Perhaps the fact that the shuttle is included in your package means there is a different protocol. I don't want to be responsible for you not getting back to the airport! horrors! (although being stuck in Disneyland isn't SOOOO bad... :) )

:Pinkbounc

Thanks jodyb
Will double check when we arrive.However as you say being stuck in Disneyland wouldn't been the end of the world :)

The VEA shuttle is an excellent service. You follow the signs for shuttles/coaches on leaving the airport terminal although I think you'll be arriving at a different terminal since we flew from Luton. The coaches run every 30 - 45 minutes depending on season and time. We used it in January with no problems. The coach does a tour of all the airport terminals which takes a while and then goes to DLP and drops off at all the required hotels.

You should pick up a timetable when you board the coach to check what time you need to go home. We stayed at SQ and didn't need to fill out any form. It is suggested at very busy times to ensure there are enough coaches and is essential if you are staying in one of the outside hotels.

Enjoy yourselves - we love DLP and are now saving to go to WDW next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter