Just booked GF Sugar Loaf

minnie my my

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody,

It's been a while since I posted on here. I started working on my master's degree in school psychology and it has kept me pretty busy. I'm sure it will be worth it though. That cool increase in salary will help pay for more Disney trips ;)

Anyway, I just thought I would let everyone know how excited I am about this December. My husband, son, and I went last year to see the Christmas decorations for the first time. After 25 years of going to Disney World that is the first time we have been in December. We didn't know what we were missing. It was more beautiful than I imagined. I'm going back this year with my mother so she can see the beautiful decorations.

We decided to stay at the Grand Floridian since the decorations are so pretty there. I know the Wilderness Lodge is pretty also but the monorail is very important to us. We have also been spoiled by the Polynesian concierge the last few times we've been to Disney. So, we of course had to stay concierge this time too. We couldn't get RPC with a discount for our dates so we went with Sugar Loaf. I'm really excited about it. I've never tried concierge at the Grand before, only gv room. I figured I want know if it's worth it at the Grand until I try it myself. How bad could it be? It's concierge at Disney World. For a Disney fanatic that's all you need on vacation.

Well, I hope all of you going in December have as much fun as I'm planning on having.

Myra

Hi Myra,

Glad to have you back on the boards. :) I think you'll really enjoy the GF. I'm going this season for the decorations, too. :)

I can't comment on the Sugar Loaf Concierge, I've only stayed in a regular Lagoon View room and a room in the Main Building. But, I'm sure it will be a nice treat. Try doing a search--I know there have been many reviews in the past. :)

I've got pix of the GF, if you want to see:

GF Pix

Have a wonderful trip! :)

hi myra, i tried to post earlier but the boards were down... anyway i just booked the same for myself, dh, and dd, age 7, for christmas. can't decide between this res and the wl concierge. both resorts are beautiful at christmas.
this will be the 3rd christmas we will be at wdw for christmas. guess it's becoming a tradition...er...obsession.
like you, we have only done gf garden view in the past. wouldn't it be fun to stay concierge at the gf!!!
we have always had wonderful experiences with concierge and non concierge at wdw... we just love it
now if i can just make a decision where to stay...:D

Thanks for the wonderful pictures Misti! What a great album, and they have us all fired up for our upcomming Christmas visit.

This will be our first trip to WDW at Christmas time and we can't wait! First visit at the GF as well, so your pictures are a great help.

Misti,
Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Now I'm even more excited. It will be so nice to be back at Disney soon. I don't know what I'd do if I lived any farther away. My 4 1/2 hour drive down there is easy enough to do often. The pictures are great.

dwdeb,
I know your excited about your trip. It will be fun to stay concierge at the GF. It's kinda like a dream - planning and all. I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip whether you stay at GF or WL. They are both beautiful at Christmas in their own way. Let me know what you decide on. Maybe we will be there at the same time.

Tagrel,
I hope you enjoy your first WDW Christmas visit. It really was more than I imagined last year. I hope I'm fortunate enough to continue visiting WDW atleast a few days each Christmas. We are all so blessed to have these opportunities.

I hope ya'll have a great time.

Myra

Misti,
Thank you for the beautiful pictures. Now I'm even more excited. It will be so nice to be back at Disney soon. I don't know what I'd do if I lived any farther away. My 4 1/2 hour drive down there is easy enough to do often. The pictures are great.

dwdeb,
I know your excited about your trip. It will be fun to stay concierge at the GF. It's kinda like a dream - planning and all. I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip whether you stay at GF or WL. They are both beautiful at Christmas in their own way. Let me know what you decide on. Maybe we will be there at the same time.

Tagrel,
I hope you enjoy your first WDW Christmas visit. It really was more than I imagined last year. I hope I'm fortunate enough to continue visiting WDW atleast a few days each Christmas. We are all so blessed to have these opportunities.

I hope ya'll have a great time.

Myra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter