Just booked

pauldents

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Today i booked 14 nts at the Hard Rock with Virgin ! This is our 3rd time back to the HR and i have added PE seating to the ressy.

We will be there for the first two weeks in October. I checked the average weather stats for October on weather.com and its seems there is a lot less rainfall, when compared to September.

We have been in September several times and i was wondering has anyone else been in October and what was the weather and the crowds like ?

Also, has the DD checkin and twilight check-in re-opened yet ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

I'm pretty sure there's no news of the DTD check-in re-opening as yet, but I think I'm right in saying Twilight check-in at Gatwick is up and running. If you're in PE you won't need it, though - you're unlikely to have to queue at dedicated check-in.

October is our favourite time of year to go. We've been twice before in October and we're back again this year for 3 weeks (including 2 nights at HRH). The weather's great (hot, but not too hot, and hardly any rain), and the crowds are low.

Great news Paul:)

I haven't anything to compare October with as it's the only time of year I've ever been,including a trip this October!

The first year I went '95 it was very low crowds and classed as low season for Disney.I think mainly because of the Brits it is now moderate season for Disney as it is busier but still much 'quieter' than most other times of the year to go:D

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a great time of the year to go.

I forgot about the PE check-in ! Last time was a free upgrade to PE so we still queued in economy.

Paul

sounds great paul

i'm staying in a villa 21 sept to 5 oct - the hard rock hotel looks fab !

neil

Paul

October is a great time to go. What dates are you going? as Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party runs through October. It is held in the MK 7-12pm on specific dates in October. I have booked our tickets already and from previous posts it's a not to be missed event.

Deb

From what I have seen and heard, you should have less of a queue for the PE check-in on the day of departure, than if you use Twilight Check-in (Twilight Check-in do not have a seperate PE, or Upper Class, queue).

Plus, if you check-in using a PE line on day of departure, you get the feeling of relief that you aren't in the economy queue (where there are normally several hundred people queueing...).

We visited WDW for 7 days in early Octobrer 2000 (we did a Disney Magic 7 day cruise immediately before). The weather was pretty good: not too hot, although not very sunny every day and did rain a little for a couple of days. You will have a great time whatever :-).

As for crowds, the only place which we found crowded was Animal Kingdom. I think that is because there are far fewer open spaces there - so people are more contained: would hate to be there during peak season! Otherwise no problems with crowds or queueing (make sure that you use Fast Pass where available :-)).

Enjoy your holiiday.

Boo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter