• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just committed to flying in 16 days...

2cute4u

Earning My Ears
We're taking our family for the first time to Disneyland, my two oldest boys 8 and 11 went 1 1/2 years ago to Disney World, but I'm excited to take my 4 and 3 year old for their first trip!
We were thinking of driving the 25 hours one way, but I actually had enough airmiles, and decided, I would take the plunge and go for it, it's then only a 3 hour plane ride, but now I'll have to look into renting a car, as I want to also get down to Legoland and see SanDiego.
We will be there for 7 full days in total. What would you suggest? I thought we do 5 days at Disneyland, and spend 2 down in Legoland. The first 4 days in Disneyland/California Adventure, then off to Legoland, and then the last day before we leave back to Disney. Does that sound good?
I thought I would look into staying at the Homewood Suites, heard it's good value for the meals you get. Also, spoke to receptionist there, and said it would take a $15/person to travel from the airport to the hotel.
I was wondering, for any of you locals, is it a better deal to rent a van for the weekend or week, to be able to get there back and forth from the airport or to Carslad or SanDiego. I know in the long run, it will be worth not having the drive!
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter