Just curious about Dec 2002 MVMCP refunds....

D

Dis-knee

I'm wondering how the free park hopper/refund for the washout nights for MVMCP are progressing. I sent in for our park hoppers but I havn't heard from Disney yet. I really hope that things are going smoothly and we all receive responces soon. Have you heard anything? Send me some good news....please!!

Disknee--
I emailed WDW 12/10, received very polited &courteous phone call 12/30 offerring refund, sent in tickets 1/3. I called this past Thursday and was told the items were received 1/20 (???) and that all looked in good order. She said there are a number of quality assurance checks to go through but that she would call me when she puts the envelope in the mail.
I will probably call again in 2 weeks if I haven't heard anything. Hope this helps!

I would love to hear from any others that may have heard back from Disney and/or received their park hoppers/refunds. I still havn't heard from Disney on this issue, but am hoping to hear from them soon.:D

We were at the Dec 5 MVMCP and were "rained out". I sent my tickets in with a letter (I no longer had the wrist bands). About a week later, I received a phone call from Disney telling me they would be happy to send me some 1 day park hoppers and hope I'd come back and visit!
About a week or so later, my tickets were in the mail!! We are planning a trip around Halloween to use our tickets!

I was very pleased with the quick response from Disney!

We were at the 12/12 MVMCP. I sent in my tickets & wristbands on 12/20 and received a call acknowledging receipt of the information on 1/6. Someone called me last week saying they were sending me a refund check and I should receive it within 4 weeks.

Hope this helps!
;) :D ,
Katherine

I am just curious about the MVMCP refunds. Are they refunding people for the day that it rained? We had gotten tickets for 12/05 and ended up leaving after 30 minutes. We had gotten soaked and it just made everything miserable after that. I didn't think I could get a refund or anything because of the information on the back of ticket telling you there were no refunds. Is there any special thing you need to do to get them to refund the ticket or something? Is there a special address you need to send to or should I call?

I am glad I am checking out the website. I was just going to write it off as a total loss for the night. I would have thought WDW would have said something publically about the rainouts, maybe they hope people will be like me and think that they can't get a refund or something.

Thanks,
Cindy

Cthia, WDW does sometimes give out refunds and comp tickets only when there is weather that is inclemet. Most likely for parades and special events. I am not sure if they will refund your tickets only being there for 30 mints. Unless you were there for MVMCP. But being a regular guest I dont think Disney offers that plan cause they might say" Didnt you see it was pouring rain or somthing to that nature." I think that if you tell them what was going on they would be more than happy to return and give you somet thibngs in return

Katie

Katie,
Thanks for the information.
We were attending the MVMCP on December 5, and had purchased our tickets earlier in the day. We never imagined that the night would get pretty much rained out. They had cancelled all of the early shows and I am not even sure if the first parade had happened. I guess if we go again in December we will try to do the MVMCP again.

Thanks, Cindy

Cythia--
Wasn't that a washout!! In any case WDW has been very generous, IMHO, in offerring refunds or 1 day passes as the parades were cancelled and so many guests were upset about missing one of the major parts of MVMCP.
We contacted WDW upon our return and politely explained our displeasure at the cancellation of the parades etc. We never asked for anything but they called 2 weeks later and apologized and offerred us tickets. We had to send our tickets or writsbands as proof of purchase. They are still processing the information.

Thank you very much all4wdw. Maybe I will give it a try and see what happens. I was very disappointed that night since that was the second night we had gone since we had a nice time two nights before. We had gone back again just to see the parade and that got rained out. I can't imagine people would have stayed especially after the down pour that night. There was no place to get dry after getting soaked. But I guess no matter what happens I still had a great time at WDW and will go again.

Thanks, Cindy

Here is my experience .. I e-mailed on 1-09 again on 1-16 and again on 1-24 all with NO response.. we were also at the 12-05 MVMCP we stayed till 10:50 when they cancelled the 2nd parade not to mention all the other show so wet and disappointed we went back to the AKL and the next am i went to the holiday desk and politely asked to BUY more tickets for 12-06 but she said they were sold out and i politely said even if last night got rained out we were looking forward to seeing the parades this year and she again said sorry no tickets left.. so i left and made reservations for the kids at Simba's club ( non- refundale ones ! ) and then while our shoes were drying in the laundry room i was chatting with another lady who also went 12-05 and she got free tickets to 12-06 due to the rain !! I was upset but didn't go back to the desk as the kids now were looking forward to Simba's club so then i get home and get a very nice Pm stating these people were offered all kinds of things !!! and settled for a refund .. so needless to say my 1st e-mail was nice , my second a bit irritated but still nice , my third one wasn't as nice but not mean .. I just want an answer is all !!!! so good luck and i would call can check to make sure they have gotten you stuff.. Michelle

We were also at the party on 12/5 and got rained out! Sent my wristbands in just after Christmas and I received our one-day park hoppers last weekend in the mail! :)

We were also at the 12/5 party. I mailed Disney a letter and the wrist bands in mid-December. Got a call from Disney a few weeks ago and they said they got my letter and were processing requests in the order received. Haven't gotten anything yet. We requested a refund.

I see a trend in some of the posts. It looks like those who are getting tickets are getting them quicker than people are getting refunds. It is probably easier for them to process a ticket request. I'm sure our refund will come in time.

Cthia - As you have seen, Disney is providing either one day park hopper tickets or a refund to those that request it. The address to send your request to is Walt Disney World Guest Communications, P.O. Box 10040, Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830-0040. You need to send them a request (be specific - refund or one day tickets), as well as the wrist bands you received when you entered the party and/or your tickets from the party and your original receipt. If you don't have that stuff you can ask them what they will accept. Their email address is wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com. Good luck.

We also got rained out on the 12th. I never thought to even request a refund that night since I assumed they would not even consider it. When I got home and read that some people were asking about it and receiving refunds I emailed guest services on 12/20 and received a reply 12/24 asking for a day phone number for me. I got a message on my voicemail on January 6th to just send in a copy of the front & back of my tickets and they would be happy to process a refund. I got another call on approximately January 20th or so saying that it had been received and it might take up to two billing cycles for it to show up on my bill as a refund but I would get it. It showed up about two days ago. I am very happy with Disney right now:D

I just got a call from the "Executive Offices" of WDW and they are processing a refund to my credit card. It took a while, but Disney is getting around to honoring the refund/ticket requests :).

Thank You very much DisneyKidds for the address and the information. I am not sure if I kept the wristbands but I did keep the tickets for keepsake but I will send it in and see what happens.

Thank you everyone for their posts and experiences. I was beginning to think I had no options but to write it off as a loss for the day. I would have been very disappointed if we had stayed and the second parade had been cancelled as well as the first parade, that was the whole point of going to the Party.

At least next time this happens I know there is something to try and not give up hope.

Thank you, Cindy

Your'e welcome Cindy - I hope (and imagine they will) that things work out and you get a refund or tickets for the washout.

While Disney has had it's problems and some may question their committment over the past few years, their providing refunds/tickets to those who were so disappointed by the cancellation of most activities during the rained out parties emphasizes their committment to their customers and desire to keep guest satisfaction at a high level. While the tickets clearly indicate they are non-refundable and Disney had no obligation to do anything, the fact that they are keeps them high on my list and shows that the Disney Magic is alive and well :).

Now when can I buy tickets for next years MVMCP ;)?

We were also at the Dec 5th rain out. At the end of December I sent an email to Disney and they were able to look up my info without me having to mail in any tickets or wristbands. They sent me an email asking for a phone number to reach me at and then the next week I got a call from them telling me I could have 2-1 day park hopper passes which I gladly accepted since we will be able to use them this year. The tickets came about 3 weeks after the phone call. Great job Disney-especially considering you can't control the weather! So, even if you don't have your tickets or wristbands-they should be able to track your info. Good Luck!

We were there on 12/12 - cold, torrential rain, tornado warning - you know Mother Nature's fury!

I mailed back the wristbands with a letter and received a phone call a few weeks later. I cashed my check Saturday for the full amount (2 adults and 1 child). Very courteous and suprisingly fast for the amount of credits Disney had to deal with.

Thank you Disney for our refund!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter