• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just curious - Anyone still hungry after dining plan?

Kayleebug

Always planning my next trip for some more magic!
I was just curious if there's anyone who felt they didn't get enough food. It looks like a ton of food to me, but I was just wondering if anyone has a massive appetite and needed to buy extra food.

NO...DH is a very healthy eater, and we found the portions more than ample.

We usually ate lunch around 11am, a snack around 2:30 or so, and supper at 6:30-7:00pm, and were never hungry!

no, I believe I am still full since December ;)

NO shortage of food on the DDP, that's for sure!

No, it is plenty of food! My dh likes to eat big meals and he was quite satisfied. We did occasionally pick up a snack not covered on the plan (turkey leg, apple pie, etc..).

No way! My DH is also a big eater and was always too full for dessert. We took it to go sometimes and still couldn't eat it!

NO WAY!! I am still trying to lose the weight that I added from that trip. DH has a huge appetite and he thought it was too much food. Of course, we are doing it again this year and it will be FREE on this trip...yahoo!

At each meal it was a ton of food. I mostly picked at app and dessert. At CS our desserts were usually just tasted. BUT we did spend out of pocket. Milk for the kids in the mornings. A few snacks not on the plan. My kids like to eat early so we did find spacing things out wasn't perfect for us. We tended to eat at 11 and 5. DH and I weren't that hungry at 5 necesarily (especially having popcorn or ice cream snack mid-afternoon) and after not eating that much of our dinner we'd sometimes be hungry at 10 pm. We did not maximize taking back extras but had enough bits here and there for evening snacking. For those used to eating smaller meals more frequently just adding a shared OOP snack per day would be more than enough. Sharing meals would help matters as well but I have food allergies so that doesn't work well for us.

Yvonne

No, I would be hard pressed to name any person I know who couldn't get enough to eat anywhere we ate last week on the DDP!

OMG, no! The 3 of us (me, DH, and DD7) shared 2 CS or TS credits for most of our meals, and we STILL had more than enough food! We ended up leaving several CS, 2 TS, and 12 snack credits unused at the end of the trip (we went during the Free Dining promotion, so we didn't feel obligated to "get our money's worth" and use every credit).

You may need to buy breakfast. Food in your room works or just pay out of pocket for a CS meal.

We were stuffed! We also had 2 yo twins who were not yet old enough to get their own credits so shared ours. Snack credits were almost always popsicles for the kids, we shared 2 CS for breakfast, and 2 for Lunch or Dinner depending on what meal we were using our TS for. This time we will all have credits so I am sure we will have more than enough food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter